BMW M5

BMW M5

• Total voters
I've just noticed how all the previous cars are frowning while the E60 has a sort of smug smile :p Voted for the E60 anyway - by far the sexier in my opinion.

E34 M5 is my personal fav >:3.
Maybe it's because i've had one E34 before.

my favorite is the e34 because my uncle has one and it's so fun driving it and just sitting in it is fun

but the e39 comes pretty close behind

I can actually buy one if I can sell my stupid GTI:D

my favorite is the e34 because my uncle has one and it's so fun driving it and just sitting in it is fun

but the e39 comes pretty close behind

I can actually buy one if I can sell my stupid GTI:D

DO IT!
:D

E39 FTW.

Reason?

See the following...

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVTVYpZ9ivA[/YOUTUBE]

E60 FTW. Although that picture in the first post is hideous!

E39.

Reason #1 I still love the styling, especially the post-'01 facelift with the angel eyes and clear corners. It's what a proper BMW looks like.

Reason #2 It was made into a police car when the Need for Speed series first got into the "pursuit" mentality. V8 power, heavy (great for road blocks and pit maneuvres), handles well, 4-doors and room in the back for hauling 3 drunk drivers to lock-up. Perfect.

Reason #3 That Guy Ritchie BMW Film posted above.

I liked looking at it so much that when the lease ran out on the '04 E46 330i ZHP, I was seriously trying to find either an E39 540i M Sport 6MT (which proved elusive) for $36k CDN, or I found an '01 E39 M5 which had done 50k km for $50k CDN, black on black with wood trim.

Filing through the service record was a bit scary, the previous owner spent $6k on it over the course of 1 year after the warranty ran out, having a car that would have been 10 years old when I finished the payment was disheartening, the cup-holder didn't retract properly and the pre-owned financing rate was rubbish. So, for the exact same money, I went for the brand-spankin'-new E90 335i instead.

Doesn't stop me from staring at it every time I see one, though.... If that had been an '03, so covered by the Certified Pre-owned Warranty, well, I suppose I'd be driving it still.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O473s7eSq1g[/YOUTUBE]

3.8L I6 FTMFW

I could maybe buy this one

CarImage.aspx

CarImage.aspx

CarImage.aspx

Carbon Schwartz with tan leather and driven 88000 km and a brand new clutch

Nice E39 Icedude, I nearly voted for them. Oh, and a word of caution if you do buy it. If I had gotten a 400hp 6spd manual sedan when I was 17, I would probably be dead.

Nice E39 Icedude, I nearly voted for them. Oh, and a word of caution if you do buy it. If I had gotten a 400hp 6spd manual sedan when I was 17, I would probably be dead.

well Hulk Hogans son had a Toyota Supra twin turbo right? anyway it had 800 hp at the time before he crashed it

but I will probably die if I will buy it, but I'll be happy when I die:D

i am supprised the Team 144 E39 has not shown up in this thread yet

E34. it's the last M5 that looks light, the newer ones are just.. obese.

I'd really really really wanna have an M5 E39 Touring which only existed as a prototype. :cry: The E34 and E60/E61 were/are offered as Touring, why the E39 not? It would be the perfect car, as the rear end of the E39 sedan looks better than anything which BMW offers today but isn't as good looking as the E34/E39 Touring, especially the E39 post facelift Touring.

well Hulk Hogans son had a Toyota Supra twin turbo right? anyway it had 800 hp at the time before he crashed it

but I will probably die if I will buy it, but I'll be happy when I die:D

Yeah he totalled it and spent several months in jail, so i'm not sure using Nick Hogan is the best example to rationalize someone your age buying a fast powerful car, :lol:

E34. it's the last M5 that looks light, the newer ones are just.. obese.

That's a relative observation tho, because we have tons of E39 and E60 M5s here and the E39s look very trim and lithe in comparison to the E60 which truly does look overbloated.

When you have a midsize luxury sport sedan like a 5 series, i think a little robustness, appearance of weight and solidity is a good thing in the car and the E39 really perfected it with its refined and understated looks before the E60 design went all bloated and out of control with Bangle at the design helm.

The only one I have not driven is the E60. But, I already know I like the E39 the most. The E34 is a right behind it.