BMW M5??

schnell318

Does anyone know when/if they?re going to test the E60 M5 in the current series?? I think they should cause when the E39 M5 first came out and Tiff tested it it was nothing short of spectacular :twisted:

Cheers

Well Tiff actually tested the last gen M5 when he was a host on Top Gear, so I'm sure both shows will test it, but we just don't know when. :)

I can't wait till they review the M5, Its by far my favorite car on the road today. I wonder if they will review the M6 too.

I guess they will, but more likely it will be next season... They just gave it out to the press, and they are done filming for this seasons FG...

Maybe TG has it in stock ;-)

Buba

I hope they test it like what they did with the Aston Martin, maybe he'll drive it to Germany and test it on the Nurburgring or test top speed on the Autobahn :D

Buba said:
I guess they will, but more likely it will be next season... They just gave it out to the press, and they are done filming for this seasons FG...

Maybe TG has it in stock ;-)

Buba

that's incorrect. BMW first let press to test drive the M5 early Aug last year. and have M5 press cars for journalists to take out shortly after Paris Auto Show.

i am sure Fifth Gear had plenty oppurtunity to film the reivew if they intended to include the review within the current season.

however, as far as M6 goes, since the press event was approximately 3 weeks ago, i am not sure if Fifth Gear can manage to include it within this season.

he's already driven and reviewed it, i dont think it was a video review but i remember reading the text. He said the engine is a masterpiece, and it is a fantastic car but for some reason he doesn't want one, its not as special or something as the old m5. I was sad to hear that :(

boafan said:
he's already driven and reviewed it, i dont think it was a video review but i remember reading the text. He said the engine is a masterpiece, and it is a fantastic car but for some reason he doesn't want one, its not as special or something as the old m5. I was sad to hear that :(

i suppose that's from Tom Ford's review from TopGear magazine?

I started to hear rumors that Caddy is going after the BMW M-cars for outright performance. Plans for both an M5 and nextgen M3killer. Rumors about putting the LS7 into a small sedan/coupe chassis... that would DESTROY any 400hp M3.

I've also been hearing that Merc has been thinking about a twinturbo V8 for an E65. Seems like 500hp isn't going to be very much very soon. $10 says they upgrade the C6 ZO6 to 550hp when they intro a 500hp+ Caddy.

The problem with caddy ofcourse is it's American horse shit. A turd with 500hp is still a turd.

Kip_6666 said:
^ bit harsh?

I wouldn't turn one down.
BUT
this is the problem Caddy is having..

If you could choose any ONE of these following cars, which would it be:
Merc E Class
BMW 5 Series
Caddy STS
Audi A6
Acura RL
Infiniti M35
Jaguar S Type
Lexus GS

Without a doubt, i'm sure the Caddy would be among the least favorite
;)

The caddy would have the "old people's car" image, the reliablility would be worse then the others, and the resale value in american cars is pathetic. Even the Caddy CTS, which is supposed to be built for the jounger market, has mostly old people buying...except its just old people that cannout afford a bigger Caddy. The Escalade is the only car that's also selling to the jounger market..but that's only because the rappers love it and make people want one...soon the rappers would find a new ride (its like a fad) and the Escalade won't sell again.

I mean I saw one of those Mercedez CLS 500's the other day and that car has more style and more everything than any Cadillac I've ever seen. American car makers just don't know anything about style anymore it seems.

oh god I do hope they test an M5 in this season :C. It's my absolute dream car right now lol.

I would rather have a Maserati Quattroporte.

The 5 reminds me too much of German taxi cabs.