BMW M6

probably next series or even further into the future, i'd imagine the m6 will be availible after the m5

Afaik, its not gonna happen in this series... There are, including todays show only 2 eps left, and the discussions about them are on going, and there is no sign of it...
I guess in the Autumn Jezza will rock it for sure, if his back is back ;-)

Buba

from what I understand its the same transmission/engine as the m5.. dunno how different it will be

It's lighter so it'll be more of a fairer fight against the F-430.

It shouldn't need it performance wise, as it already outdoes a Gallardo by 1,5 sec from 0 - 200 km/h.
Its way faster than an M5, due to its Carbon Roof (like the M3 CSL...) and has less unsprung weight, because of new very leight rims.
What I read so far: 2,5 sec faster in Hockenheim than an M5... So it should do well at the TG track as well...

And it already is availible. Some guy in the town I live has taken delivery afaik.

CanadianLoonie said:

And wider. The M6 looks more like sports car and made for that misson. Should be much better in corners. Hungaroring has wide corners and lots of speed where M5 and M6 should be equal. The TG test track is twisty and i recon M6 will be at least 3,5s quicker

I'd be interested in seeing a hardcore / stripped version of the m5 or m6 like the csl to the m3. Seems like the m5 with a diet would be a great combo

MafiaMan said:
CanadianLoonie said:

And wider. The M6 looks more like sports car and made for that misson. Should be much better in corners. Hungaroring has wide corners and lots of speed where M5 and M6 should be equal. The TG test track is twisty and i recon M6 will be at least 3,5s quicker
Regarding how it looks, thats the way the 5-series should have been designed (obviously 4-doors). It looks waay better.

I dought they will test the 6'er though...they have tested it before and they have just finished testing that same engine so it looks unlikely.

MafiaMan said:
CanadianLoonie said:

I didn't say "Hungaroring" but Hockenheim... I believe it was the small one...

Buba

I didn't say "Hungaroring" but Hockenheim... I believe it was the small one...

Buba[/quote]

Sorry. I was thinking on Hockenhein but i wrote hungaroring becouse the F1 race yesterday

I dought they will test the 6'er though...they have tested it before and they have just finished testing that same engine so it looks unlikely.[/quote]

They have tested and 5 series, did they( i have picture of one test in my head but i'm not sure if it was Top Gear) and altrought they have tested M5. Have 645 made a time on track? I have totaly lost my mind :cry:

292bhp/tonne (217kW/tonne)

phat

A member of the car club I'm in has bought one, he's currently driving around Europe with it.
I'm really hoping to at least catch a ride in it on some occasion.

Pictures. Looks like he's had time to take it around The Ring already...

great pic!

that car looks so :woot:

The new M6 is a horrid car;

We've got 10 cylinders, 5 litres, 40 valves, 4 cams, 11 different gear box settings, a million different sensors and gadgets it needs a small supercomputer to manage it, we've got a button that sets the amount of torque the engine gives. Yet it's no more powerful or efficient than any other 500BHP car, so what's the point??!

I mean FFS!!! It's a car, why can't they just make a car and leave it at that? Why do these eggheads have to put an ever increasing amount of technology under that achieves nothing, are they just bored making normal cars that they have to keep fiddling with everything? If they made the car super reliable or super quick then there'd be justification but it's not better than anything else in this class.

I can't imagine how much it's going to cost to look after once the warranty expires.