BMW Multifunction Smart Key (press release)

It's not like they're stupid, they'll probably have a format function integrated in the car

This is BMW we're talking about here

bmw.jpg

ergonomics_idrive.jpg

c_bangle_bmw.jpg

BMW, step away from the useless technology. Go back to making high revving I6 and V8 super discrete saloons. Thank you.

And what's with the last picture with the Apple laptop? There's some serious editing going on there... the MacBook Pro is at least 3x thicker than that.

MacBook Air?

MacBook Air?
Can't be, since the Air has a noticeably thicker frame below the screen in which there's a text "MacBook Air". And though i'm not sure, but i think the Air is even slimmer.

BMW, step away from the useless technology. Go back to making high revving I6 and V8 super discrete saloons. Thank you.

I wouldn't call the technology useless - I think there are some serious studies being done into putting credit cards inside mobile phones, for example, and a few UK train companies let you use your mobile phone as your train ticket already.

It's just that BMW has got entirely the wrong end of the stick. Here, it's just another useless expensive-option on your Beemer, which means a bigger PITA when your keys get lost or stolen.

This is BMW we're talking about here

c_bangle_bmw.jpg

I just noticed there's something really disgusting about his tie.

Without Bangle, BMW would still be designing boring and plain saloons without any character.

what

what

so if your BMW is jacked they also have cash to fill up the gas tank and that is good how

Without Bangle, BMW would still be designing boring and plain saloons without any character.

You are out of your mind.

And LeMans GTR, there is something disgusting about his face.

I think that's a tie clip.
No, the tie clip is almost hilarious, if not a bit money-shot-astic.

He needs to lay off the Just For Men. That's it. :lol:

:|

You man, are insane!

Like clockwork, every Monday morning at work we get about 4-5 people calling in to see how much a remote or key is because they lost it. You think it is different for people who drive more expensive or exclusive cars? No.

Oh, and they have to get the keys and remotes programmed at a dealer, too. Otherwise the car will not start. And sometimes the same person keeps losing that key, and they never learn...

Technology may have changed, but humans have not.

so if your BMW is jacked they also have cash to fill up the gas tank and that is good how

or the lojack would cause the car to shut down and the key to deactivate. Lets face it BMW could release a car that injected heroin and gave blowjobs and people on the forum would say it was too much.

Lets ask this if your job is "Director of BMW Group Research and Technology" what would you add into the next generation of cars.

BTW I really want the ultrasonic windshield wiper

I wouldn't call the technology useless - I think there are some serious studies being done into putting credit cards inside mobile phones, for example, and a few UK train companies let you use your mobile phone as your train ticket already.

It's just that BMW has got entirely the wrong end of the stick. Here, it's just another useless expensive-option on your Beemer, which means a bigger PITA when your keys get lost or stolen.
It is useless technology when it comes to cars not so much useless in its own right.
or the lojack would cause the car to shut down and the key to deactivate. Lets face it BMW could release a car that injected heroin and gave blowjobs and people on the forum would say it was too much.
Assuming you still have a phone on you to call lojack....

Also did anyone notice that the press release said you can code the key to multiple vehicles? Remember Gone in 60 Seconds? When they went to a dealer to get keys to the Benzes? Now all they have to do is call one disgruntled employee ask him to update your key registration on the website to the cars you want to steal and never even have to show up at the dealer. BRILLIANT!

It is not that frigging difficult to press a button to open your car and you are not likely to drive 20 different BMWs that you would need all of them to be able to instantly remember all your presets. In fact if you do have 20 different Beems you PROBABLY are not sharing them with anyone since you just MIGHT have the money to get your wife/kids their own.
Lets ask this if your job is "Director of BMW Group Research and Technology" what would you add into the next generation of cars.
Oh thats easy, throw out big heavy seats, sound proofing, iDrive, Bangle and anything automatic (save for the mirrors). Switch to lightweight components, tell CAFE to suck my enourmous dick and stop carring about pedestrian safety.

Basically bring back the E30 M3!

I would soooo love for some smug douche to swipe his key at the register and have it declined

Oh thats easy, throw out big heavy seats, sound proofing, iDrive, Bangle and anything automatic (save for the mirrors). Switch to lightweight components, tell CAFE to suck my enourmous dick and stop carring about pedestrian safety.

Basically bring back the E30 M3!

You people could find holes in donuts a problem. That said

Your job is "Director of BMW Group Research and Technology" not Major Nelson and you don't have a genie. Inventing new methods for current standards and setting the bar higher is your job. So reduction of weight through new insulation would be your main thrust. Boring invent something

Your job is "Director of BMW Group Research and Technology" not Major Nelson and you don't have a genie. Inventing new methods for current standards and setting the bar higher is your job. So reduction of weight through new insulation would be your main thrust. Boring invent something

Well then they are not doing their job very well. Instead of coming out with something revolutionary or clever, they come up with a gimmick because they don't necessarily have any better ideas. In other words, I see this as just filler so that they can keep their jobs.

Decreasing weight on a sports car is boring? What world were you born in? How about redesigning an I drive interface to work with a touch screen instead of a stupid wheel. OR on the M models instead of making me go through 500 screens to get full power out of it have a button that just has an ///M on it.

There 2 minutes (while on a conference call at that) and I just "invented" something more useful than a damn key.