BMW to take over Sauber

MadMax

So expect to see the Saubers in last place once they reach turn 1 :p

With the classic BMW Williams start procedure, they certainly arnt going to get upfront on the starT!

Re: BMW to take over Sauber

MadMax said:
http://www.formula1.com/news/3215.html

"The Sauber team will be powered and managed by BMW from next season, it was announced Wednesday. The German carmaker also wants to continue supplying engines to current partners Williams."

I think it's a good thing - though I'm glad they're going to continue supplying the Williams engines.

Anyone with any other thoughts? :D

Bit more infor here: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/4118472.stm

Williams - BMW relations have gone downhill. I don't believe they will continue together.

Williams have been in talks with a few engine manufacturers, I suspect somehow that they'll end up with cosworth, which actually could be a good bet next year, the guys that bought it out seem to be doing a damn good job

I hope they keep Villeneuve...

This is a good thing for the competition, but a bad thing for the sport. I'm quite sure BMW will put a huge amount of resources in deveploment of their own F1 car, and they will be a contender for the championship in no time. But on the other hand, once again a huge car manufacturer has taken over one of the smaller teams. It doesn't take long for all of the independent teams to disappear completely.

Williams haven't been to fast these last two years. BMW might have been getting impatient for a championship.

It is going to be a good "partnership." Sauber is a prestigious name in motorsports. They and BMW both deserve the best.

American Idiot said:
Bad Title!!!

BMW acquire a majority shareholding in Sauber. This means that atleast 51% of sauber is now owned by BMW. Both parties confirmed.

Don't be pedantic, and read the links I pasted first.

Titles were:
"BMW confirm Sauber takeover"
"BMW buys Sauber to form own team"

So add your information if you like, but don't complain about my thread title when it was accurate for the links I provided ;)

jackgarrett said:
na its would more likely be massa and heilfeild

Well Heidfeld has proven himself this year, and if button does go back to williams then its entirely likely, but if he continues to outperform Webber (which was a big surprise for me at the start of the year I must admit) then he may end up staying there.

As for Villeneuve, I doubt they'd keep him for long, hes just not consistent enough, he used to be fast but hes lost it big time, he still thinks hes the best person on the grid but he was getting consistently beaten by Jenson in his final year at BAR, and I also wouldn't have thought that BMW would exactly welcome his outgoing personality