BMW X1 Concept (Get the Vomit Bags Ready)

Walsh_e

phpThumb_generated_thumbnail.jpg

bmwx1side.jpg

bmwx1back.jpg

From Left Lane News
BMW today unveiled its 2010 BMW X1 crossover, following an image leak just hours ago. The reveal follows teasers released by the automaker over the last seven days. On display this week at the Paris Motor Show, the X1 was introduced as a ?concept.? But like the recent M3 and X6 concepts, it will be nearly identical to the production car.

A platform mate to the Mini Crossman, the new X1 appears to take design cues from across the BMW lineup. The taillights resemble those of the facelifted 3-Series, while the grille reminds us of the redesigned 7-Series. The headlights are angular and unique, and the foglights are positioned relatively high on the front fascia. The upward sweeping shoulderline and sloped rear window give the impression of an X6-like rear, despite a relatively conventional storage area.

The X1 is expected to hit the market in 2009 with full time all-wheel drive. Its overall size is also said to be comparable to the Toyota RAV4. It remains possible that the X1 will share some components with MINI?s upcoming SUV.
Other details on the production X1 remain a mystery, but drivetrain options will likely mirror those offered in the 1-Series. Since BMW is going after the fuel efficiency crowd,
Words really cannot describe how ugly and pointless that car is, a new low for BMW...until the Mini SUV is released that is!

So....What prices will these go for that will either determine if these sink or swim..I honestly see this as the ultimate "daddy's" girl car...

Also the color does not give the car any justice. Would look better in black.

I would rather have an Infinity EX.

A little more graceful, looks great in black, and have that nifty all-around-camera trick...
Infiniti_EX35_dynamicx1600x1200.jpg

Looks like a squashed and uglified :)O that was possible?) X3. Any smaller than that, and I suspect the back seats will become a gimmick.

@Necro Joe - I agree, I didn't really like the EX35 at first, but it's looks are starting to grow on me, with Mercedes' GLK and BMW's X1 lurking around our sad little world.

It isn't a surprise. Not pretty either. At least not for me.

:sick:

Whoever dreams up of these hideous and pointless BMW models need to be shot.

I like it and I'm holding back chunks of my breakfast every time I see a normal 1 Series. My only complaint is with the front that they've just chopped off and covered over with that ugly black plastic coming up from the bottom.

Same rules apply to this, as the X3. Except this one is uglier somehow, can't imagine how they managed that.

Considering the X3 is a car for mentally insane people who wake up in the morning and think they are an onion, I can't even imagine who this one would be for.

I think tomorrow morning I'm walking over to BMW and taking a shit on their doorstep.

It looks like someone shaved it for fun.

What the hell happened to BMW? I feel like I have the last proper BMW..

Hey Spectre, how do you feel about Bangle again? :p

I think you made your point mate... a point that didn't even need making in the first place. Chris Bangle is human scum, he's an absolute total douche who needs to be shot in the name of all that is good and holy about automobiles. This guy singelhandedly turned one of the car makers with the most elegant, classic designs into a company whose designs are like toy cars designed by someone on acid.

Where does this crap even fit in? I thought the X3 was the GLK/EX35/RDX/Q5 equivalent? Is this supposed to go head to head with the B-Class?

wtf.jpg

puke.jpg.w300h225.jpg

Technically, Chris Bangle has been in BMW since 1992, and was promoted in 2004 to head of BMW design across the entire range: motorcycles, Rolls-Royce, Mini. Other designers like Adrian van Hooydonk, who did the E60 5-Series at DesignWorks USA, where he's president, design the current cars with Bangle's approval.

And either way the accountants are happy. BMW finally became the biggest seller in 2006 after the revolutionary designs finally settled in. And Bangle's "flame-surfacing" and "Bangle butt"? It's now copied on pretty much every new car available today (the latter to a lesser extent, mostly Hyundais), with the most damning being Lexus and Mercedes. Like him or not, you can't say he hasn't had influence.

BMW says that they'll keep the new designs until 2010, when something all-new and revolutionary will come along and stir things up.

But until then, none of what I wrote above justifies this horrendous, punched-in-face uselessness.

Where does this crap even fit in? I thought the X3 was the GLK/EX35/RDX/Q5 equivalent? Is this supposed to go head to head with the B-Class?

Cross_Polo_4.jpg

?

BMW says that they'll keep the new designs until 2010, when something all-new and revolutionary will come along and stir things up.

If were lucky, all this crap will be remembered as a dark phase of history and BMW will return to form by 2012.

Note to BMW: Fire all of your design teams and outsource all of your visual stuff to Italian design houses (ie. Bertone and Italdesign Giugario)