BMW X1 Concept (Get the Vomit Bags Ready)

D-day, Dresden, Battle of the Bulge, partition of Germany, Bangle...

eeeeewww, that is properly ugly

Another vehicle that specializes in nothing.

Its like BMW as a company lost a bet and this is what they had to do. I've said it before about modern SUV's and Ill say it again... I'll bet my buick is more comfortable to drive than this, as well as better off road.

Its like BMW as a company lost a bet and this is what they had to do. I've said it before about modern SUV's and Ill say it again... I'll bet my buick is more comfortable to drive than this, as well as better off road.

That is probably the most true thing said in the entire thread. As for the looks there are far more ugly vehicles designed every day. SUV's not being my bag I don't really care what it looks like but that said its not an Aztec.

https://pic.armedcats.net/a/an/anonymous/2008/10/02/bangle_lolz.jpg

BMW, scrap this f***ing thing and make a M-supercar instead!!!!

:+1: That is exactly what BMW should be doing

Honestly I don't have such a big problem with Bangle, I rather like the Z4 and the 5-series as well as the 3-series don't look that bad eigher IMHO.

On the other hand I really don't like BMW's way of inventing niches I would never have thought of. At least I render the X1 as well as the X6 pretty useless ... and about as ugly as a troll :D

Its not that Bad looking, but what is the point? They do not need a 4th SUV or maybe thery want to rival the X3! :p

Or maybe the wanted to make a car that was so ugly, that it would scare potential buyers to the X3 or X5.

It's not blindingly ugly; actually, for a BMW 4x4 it isn't bad. Not good, but not bad.

However...I wanted a big rant about the silliness of it, but Night_Hawk's said it much better than I have.

Or maybe the wanted to make a car that was so ugly, that it would scare potential buyers to the X3 or X5.

I have this theory that BMW tried to regain their exclusivity after the 90s by driving away customers with ugly cars before relaunching their signature designs, but that didn't work out so for the past few years they've been launching a number of useless models alongside their normal cars.

That 2010 design revolution I think is BMW's return to form before going for exclusivity using a more well thought out route.