BMW X1 Concept (Get the Vomit Bags Ready)

Is it just me or did someone take that postman pat 1-series and smudge the edges to make this?

I think I've been blanded to death.

Oh god that's ugliest BMW ever the only BMW that can compete with this is the X6. God what a awful car ....... :cry:

God damn! I opened this thread up and thought I was looking at some knock off from China. That's just awful. No redeeming qualities whatsoever.

I've I'll bet my buick is more comfortable to drive than this, as well as better off road.
Those Buicks are, in fact, surprisingly good off road :cool:.

i want to know what to do with it...the X3 was to low and way ugly and the X6 what the hell are you suppose to do with it

Another nail in the design coffin at BMW - must they keep producing vomit-inducing vehicles?

I think with exception of the 5-series, which carries off the Bangle styling quite well, and the Z4, every car they've launched this decade has been ugly, bland, pointless or all three.

Another nail in the design coffin at BMW - must they keep producing vomit-inducing vehicles?

I think with exception of the 5-series, which carries off the Bangle styling quite well, and the Z4, every car they've launched this decade has been ugly, bland, pointless or all three.

the 6 series is mildly pointless, but I find it hard to call it any of the other two....

If were lucky, all this crap will be remembered as a dark phase of history and BMW will return to form by 2012.

Note to BMW: Fire all of your design teams and outsource all of your visual stuff to Italian design houses (ie. Bertone and Italdesign Giugario)

They're selling more cars and getting talked about more than ever. Dark period? Bangle almost single handedly changed BMW's from being just monotonous hunks of car to something everyone has an opinion about. And, judging by their sales, more say "Yay".

Personally, aside from the 5 series, I've liked all the BMW redesigns, especially the Z4, Z4 M, and the 6 series.

Remind me: Why do people buy these things? Did they simply forget to bring their glasses to the car dealer and confused this thing with a 5 series?

Remind me: Why do people buy these things? Did they simply forget to bring their glasses to the car dealer and confused this thing with a 5 series?

No they go to the dealer and say can I please get an ugly SUV (if you can call it such). :p

dealer: yes sir you've got the choice of two cars this little one and the X6
Customer: No the X6 is much to big give me the small one.

This isn't as bad as everyone says it is. Yes, they shouldn't have painted it the color of urine. And yes, there are some pretty poor proportions at work (it looks squashed), and some of the lines don't quite work together (the horizontal line and the smiley face underneath it on the side comes to mind.)

But, it's not vomit worthy. It's actually merely unremarkable. But then again, I don't harbor an irrational hatred of new-style BMW that some people do.

Oh boy, a BMW Rav4, What joy this will bring.

This X1 looks better:
se_x1_sideview.jpg

Seriously now, that BMW is hopelessly revolting, and shouldn't be sent to production. Along with the X6. And the 7 series.

And the Ferrari California.

The only good thing about that car is that it makes the X-6 look slightly more palatable. As in, now when I see the X-6 I will be able to pull over and open the door before spewing. What an ugly ass car, that long yet stubby nose is a bit blech. I can totally imagine all the rich trophy wives in my area flocking to it like flies to shit when it comes out, though.

I don't mind the looks of this BMW as much as the others. That character line on the side that makes the Z4 Roadster and 1-Series look like pregnant cats doesn't look so bad. What really ruins it for me (like it does on every single BMW SUcrosswagonactivityback) are the black plastic bumpers on the bottom which give it a weird reverse-blackface look to it, especially from the front.

Like everyone else, I don't understand how BMW can continue making these tallwagons without expecting massive cannibalization. I read on LeftLaneNews that there is an X4 being bandied about.