BMW Z10

Ilpav

Forum Addict
Car(s)
'04 Toyota Corolla LE
Here's an article about the BMW Z10 concept car (successor to the Z8 )

http://www.cartype.com/page.cfm?id=1075&alph=ALL&dec=ALL

bmw_z10_1.jpg

bmw_z10_2.jpg

At the front it has 3-series lights, and at the back there's a lot of Gallardo/Audi R8. And it's supposedley gonna be powered by the V10 from the M5/M6.

Last edited:
I hate the looks... not so much hate, but the front is an exact copy of the current 3er and the rear is an exact copy of the Gallardo.

I'm sure a Z8 successor is coming... not only did Tiff reveal in an FG episode over a year ago that there was something coming, but now with the R8 I think it's inevitable.

I hate the looks... not so much hate, but the front is an exact copy of the current 3er and the rear is an exact copy of the Gallardo.
Don't read too hard into it, it's just a shitty computer rendering.

Is it even a rendering? It just looks like a horrible chop job to me. I mean come on, the front lip is right off the Veyron, the rear lip right off the M5.

You're right though, just a fake pic, so there's still hope.

Pssst... it's an artist's impression! There's a good reason the rear looks Gallardoish!

Edit: damn, beaten, but you know what I mean. People need to stop posting these amateurish sketches in here; spy/actual shots or nothing, I say.

Last edited:
Hope it looks a lot better than that hunk o' junk <_<

I like it. Finally, a good looking modern BMW. But, yeah, it looked like they used some tracing paper over a Gallardo, made it blue and stuck some BMW badges on it.

But, yeah, it looked like they used some tracing paper over a Gallardo, made it blue and stuck some BMW badges on it.

:wall:

O RLY?

It's. A. Punter's. Guess. Seriously, when has a REAL picture of a concept car come out dithered and with a freakin' paper fold in the middle?

:hammer:

1200kg, 500bhp.. this thing is gonna be a monster.

thats gonna be a supercar slayer of note

I thought that concept picture came out over a year ago......definitely remember something like that. Regardless, it will be cool if they do it, but I'm not holding my breath.

JH

It's pointless to comment on the looks, since there is no pics. or even real concepts of it, only some chop of a gallardo.

What can be commented on is the specs they are aming for, which suggest a very light car with massive power. Ad in some BMW handling magic and you have a winner.

what a lousy photo shop job. seems like anyone can dream up a concept that write an article saying "is this the next ___________??"

BMW design Chief: Hey we have to create the succesor to the Z8!

BMW design crew: Buff!! We don't feel like designing now...

BMW design chief: Yeah! I don't feel like it too. But we have to show the bosses
something!

BMW design crew: OK! Let's copy paste any parts from cars we like and that's it.

BMW design chief: Ok! We need to maintain the typical front grille from BMW.

BMW design crew: Ok! No problem about that! And the back the same too?

BMW design chief: No please no! Let's take the back from any convertible, let's say
the Gallardo, and that's it!

BMW design crew: Great! Don't you fell great after working so hard guys??
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And now my head explodes! :blowup:

:lol:

The front is quite agressive, but too much 3serie'ish IMO. Keep the agression, but less BMW-look please... The back is a Gallardo clone, but hey, that looks good. :)

As much as I like the idea of a BMW supercar, this one just looks foul.