• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

BMW Z4 M Roadster unveiled

Wooo Hooo! (i've been doing that a lot lately :? )

The Boxster S finally gets some real competition. The very very best thing i read about in the article (this has seriously got me bouncing off the walls) STANDARD 6-SPEED GEARBOX!!!! None of the SMG crap, a real, bona fide H pattern with clutch!! There is still a petrol head god!!!

Something else, in the GermanCarFans stuff, they are constantly referring to the 'Z4 Roadster' rather than just Z4. They're setting the naming up for the coupe nicely.

flyingfridge said:
The Boxster S finally gets some real competition.

still people are going to buy more porsches. the thing i think ruins it the most is that 155MPH speed limiter.....

flyingfridge said:
The Boxster S finally gets some real competition. The very very best thing i read about in the article (this has seriously got me bouncing off the walls) STANDARD 6-SPEED GEARBOX!!!! None of the SMG crap, a real, bona fide H pattern with clutch!! There is still a petrol head god!!!
Amen to that, I'm really getting tired of all the sequential shift non sense. :x Only Audi can make a proper SMG, everyone else should stop trying. :lol:

THe new 3.0 will rock!

sucks for our microsoftie who just bought a DATED model!

Oh, I'd hate that so much, I'd be pissed! :lol:

Looks great! I'd buy this over a Boxter I think. Looks great in red also...its a real sports car :D

:lmao: @ ren
No it doesn't suck, the one I got is still pretty decent. Well way more than pretty decent to say the truth.
The new 3.0 will probably take a year or so to come here in the z4, and it's only 30bhp difference :) On the 330 it still can't make it as fast as my "dated" z4 :p

And good thing I'm on a lease right now, I could switch later.

Now what I would really like to get my hands on is the M version, 343 bhp, I can only imagine how this thing will drive. Only gripe is how they fucked up he tail lights :x

Anyway, they got themselves an excellent platform to build on there, you can't imagine how she handles in corners, you feel like breaking all the physics laws you thought existed.

And on the up side I will probably beinvited to the launch event when this baby comes to the US, I could provide you with test drive results then ;) Don't hold your breath though, it'll probably be a year before it arrives here in the US

Tomo Motorsport said:
I agree completely, but it's fairly inexpensive to get the limiter removed by a tuning company like AC Schnitzer, Hartge, Alpina, or Dinan: for BMWs

I think you can also do it at your local BMW dealer, no need for a tuning company to do that. At least here in the US you could.
And for the current 3.0 version (225bhp) I think it would only go up to 165 or 170mph max anyway with the limiter removed. That's my guess though I have no solid evidence.

v0od0o said:
Tomo Motorsport said:
I agree completely, but it's fairly inexpensive to get the limiter removed by a tuning company like AC Schnitzer, Hartge, Alpina, or Dinan: for BMWs

I think you can also do it at your local BMW dealer, no need for a tuning company to do that. At least here in the US you could.
And for the current 3.0 version (225bhp) I think it would only go up to 165 or 170mph max anyway with the limiter removed. That's my guess though I have no solid evidence.

Yeah, but there are often stricter rules if you do it from the dealer, and I think its cheaper to do it with a tuning company.