Which one would you prefer?

BMW Z8
BMW-Z8_2001_photo_03.jpg

BMW-Z8_2001_photo_0a.jpg

Wiesmann MF3
11_1.jpg

wiesmann-roadster-mf3-trasera.jpg

Last edited:
I love me some Z8 but i have to go with the Weismann on this one... it is just a much better looking car.

Last edited:
The big Zed sure is nice, but I gotta go with the Weiss. I just love the style. The deep dish rims, the diagonally stacked taillights, and Jag-style grille, all make it awesome.

Another Massachusetts vote for the Weissman.

Gotta go with the weisman. My uncle used to have a Z8, and while it certainly was a nice car, it left something to be desired. The weisman fills that gap i think.

Only the Z8 will get you into the pants of nuclear physicists who are also smokin' hot and remarkably bad actors.

I'm just shallow and think it's pretty, while the Wiesmann has too many lights for me. Poor reasons, I admit.

being a massachusetts man i know i should be voting for the wiesmann, but i have always loved the Z8, from it's undynamic handling to its boring wheels. it's pure class whereas the wiesmann has a lizard for a mascot.

Wiesmann. Looks like an XK150, goes like a Z4M. If only all decisions were this easy.

The Z8, because if you're going to drive slowly, at least you'll look cool.

How is the handling on the Wiesmann? Anyone have a link to a good review, one later than the Top Gear one? One of our neighbors back in Austin had quite a few cars, including a Z8, an air cooled 911 turbo, and a Ford GT. He said the Z8 was the least favored of the cars. They'd use it as the "learning car" when they went to a new track. The front lip was marred, scarred, and cut up severely from all the off track excursions. That leads me to think it wouldn't take much for the Wiesmann to beat out the Z8.

I wish I could say the Wiesmann, but I've never liked the look of the Roadster. Had it been the GT Coupe, I'd have taken it hands down.

How is the handling on the Wiesmann? Anyone have a link to a good review, one later than the Top Gear one? One of our neighbors back in Austin had quite a few cars, including a Z8, an air cooled 911 turbo, and a Ford GT. He said the Z8 was the least favored of the cars. They'd use it as the "learning car" when they went to a new track. The front lip was marred, scarred, and cut up severely from all the off track excursions. That leads me to think it wouldn't take much for the Wiesmann to beat out the Z8.

Here is the EVO review from 2005. I forget when Topgear did their review but i trust EVO about a million times more than i trust TG. Also as far as i can tell from about 15min of googling there have been no changes to the MF-3 during the length of it's production run so this review despite being 6 years old should still be relevant. I do wonder how they are still making them now that the S54 is no longer produced. Perhaps they have moved to the N54 or N55

Only the Z8 will get you into the pants of nuclear physicists who are also smokin' hot and remarkably bad actors.

I'm just shallow and think it's pretty, while the Wiesmann has too many lights for me. Poor reasons, I admit.

You can get into my pants with one as well. :heart:

Something very special about the Z8. I see one in Arlington every so often. They still cost upwards of $100,000 for some reason.

Something very special about the Z8. I see one in Arlington every so often. They still cost upwards of $100,000 for some reason.

Rarity and Price. If we can believe wiki the Z8 was sold for 7 years in the states despite only being produced from 2000-2003. The total number of cars sold in that period was 2382 making this probably one of the rarest modern BMWs in the USA. When you factor in a new car price of $128K it's not hard to imagine why they have kept their value.

Yes but when you think about cars like the Lamborghini Murcielago (also produced in limited numbers) and how they have fallen well over 50% in value, it still seems strange.