Bob Lutz: Kiss the Good Times Goodbye.

For Facebook, get FB Purity. http://www.fbpurity.com/ That's the single best thing you can install if you use that.

I just told Adblock which items I wanted blocked.

0D1XUYT.png

I will be honest, for those long drives on the interstate where I'm just trying to put down the miles, I would welcome this level of autonomy as long as I can still take over and drive the car on the fun bits of road. Driving for 10+ hours a day with only a 3 stops for a splash of fuel is exhausting. Being able to check out for long sections of boring road while a computer drives would make things safer for everyone.

As long as these systems are not mandatory equipment, I don't have a problem with them existing. Hell, if I could afford this type of thing in a full size sedan, I absolutely would get it.

Blind_Io;n3543115 said:
I will be honest, for those long drives on the interstate where I'm just trying to put down the miles, I would welcome this level of autonomy as long as I can still take over and drive the car on the fun bits of road. Driving for 10+ hours a day with only a 3 stops for a splash of fuel is exhausting. Being able to check out for long sections of boring road while a computer drives would make things safer for everyone.

As long as these systems are not mandatory equipment, I don't have a problem with them existing. Hell, if I could afford this type of thing in a full size sedan, I absolutely would get it.

I would have to agree, that or that boring ass commute in stop and go traffic. Though I doubt you could do that with a manual :( Hell pretty much 100% of the time when I'm driving kiddos in the X I don't want to be driving, would rather play car games with the kiddos :p

Last edited:
Don't do it. Don't let them grandfather that shit in by accepting "on long drives" etc etc etc. If you don't want to drive get a passenger to or if you are alone fly there. :D

That pretty much the opposite of how grandfathering works.

JCE;n3543185 said:
Don't do it. Don't let them grandfather that shit in by accepting "on long drives" etc etc etc. If you don't want to drive get a passenger to or if you are alone fly there. :D

I'm not concerned about self-driving technology as long as it is not mandated* and can be turned off. It's same as traction and stability control systems, I can completely turn them off in both of my cars if that is what I want so it's not a big deal.
*Only reason I don't want it mandated is because it would make manuals impossible and we all know how I feel about dat gear shift.

prizrak;n3543189 said:
I'm not concerned about self-driving technology as long as it is not mandated* and can be turned off. It's same as traction and stability control systems, I can completely turn them off in both of my cars if that is what I want so it's not a big deal.
*Only reason I don't want it mandated is because it would make manuals impossible and we all know how I feel about dat gear shift.

That would be ideal since we do not have choice of it not being in our cars at all. That's my main problem is I just do not want ANY of that stuff in my car and as soon as uncle sam decides things like lane departure warning, auto braking, and etc are required that's where I draw the line. I do not want anything that completely takes over my steering, braking, or throttle.

Last edited:

Why do you hate America? Sounds like you’re just stifling progress. ;)

I agree with you wholeheartedly.

93Flareside;n3543210 said:
Why do you hate America? Sounds like you’re just stifling progress. ;)

I agree with you wholeheartedly.

You forget that I am a dirty commie! :p