Bob Lutz surfaces at Lotus

I dont get this whole Lotus- bashing. The simple fact is that they are making losses the last 15 years. They simply cannot live from only building puristic cars with no everyday usability.
So how can you blame them for trying to get sucessful ?

BTW: The new elise is less than 1100 kg, its competitors TT-RS and Cayman S weigh more than 1400 kg.
Same thing for the Elan. And the Esprit. Can you call a car fat because its more than 1000 kg if its still a lot lighter than its competitors? I dont think so. Compared to a catterham, the old elise was fat.

I dont get this whole Lotus- bashing. The simple fact is that they are making losses the last 15 years. They simply cannot live from only building puristic cars with no everyday usability.
So how can you blame them for trying to get sucessful ?

BTW: The new elise is less than 1100 kg, its competitors TT-RS and Cayman S weigh more than 1400 kg.
Same thing for the Elan. And the Esprit. Can you call a car fat because its more than 1000 kg if its still a lot lighter than its competitors? I dont think so. Compared to a catterham, the old elise was fat.

Welcome to FinalGear, where change is feared and both logic and economic feasibility will not get into the way of fear-mongering and model-change bashing.

Wait until the next Jag concept is presented, you're in for a treat.

The simple fact is that they are making losses the last 15 years
I'd love to see the figures, I really don't feel like looking through Proton's figures to get it. But I really doubt Lotus would take 15 years of losses and then enter F1.

I'd love to see the figures, I really don't feel like looking through Proton's figures to get it. But I really doubt Lotus would take 15 years of losses and then enter F1.

That's why they originally licensed the name rights to F1 Malaysia.
And why everone wonders how they want to manage joining every single race series on this planet.

Mike Gascoyne said:
They seem to want to do every racing series that there is, and for a loss-making car company, that seems to be slightly perplexing.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/88452