Bogging and loss of power

JipJopJones

Car(s)
1979 Cressida Wagon, 1981 Corolla Hardtop
I've been having a small issue with my Jeep, but this morning it was quite prevalent. I'm curious as to what could cause it. I'm taking the truck into the dealer soon, but I'd like to have some idea of what it may be.

Anyways, when I accelerate, particularly right after a 1-2 or 2-3 gear change, the car bogs down and has a loss of power. It almost stutters a bit. I noticed it a few times while driving before, but I kinda thought it was my imagination, but then today it was doing it quite badly. The car is essentially brand new, so I don't know what could be wrong.

Fuel filter maybe?

Other than that, I can only think that maybe because the car sat over the weekend out in the pouring rain the ignition system was a bit damp. My drive back home from school, it didn't happen, only on the way there, which leads me to believe this might be the case.

Last edited:
Is it still under warranty?

Yah, it's still under warranty for a long while. That's why I'm not too worried about it. I'm going to take it into the dealer and see what they say, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to get an idea of what it might be before I head in.

I'd start by cleaning the throttle body

Why? If the throttle body was in need of cleaning the problem wouldn't be intermittent. There is a much higher chance it's an issue with a sensor.

Why? If the throttle body was in need of cleaning the problem wouldn't be intermittent. There is a much higher chance it's an issue with a sensor.
On the offchance that the butterfly valve is sticking. My idle was intermittently rough and cleaning the throttle body solved the problem. Plus it's cheap (couple of bucks for TB cleaner), quick, and easy.