Booze thread

Aston Martin

Proudly supports terrible french cars
Car(s)
Cactus and Panda Classic
So I was pissed off and downed the mini bottle (only 40ml) what a waste of time.

KaJuN

Disco Inferno
Car(s)
Mini Cooper S, Landy Series III, Vulcan 900 Custom
During my nearly six months in Spain last year I developed a taste for sangria which is weird because normally I can't stand wine. Now that it's actually warm and sunny in England for a change, I've been craving it. So I've decided to make my own! The fruit is soaking in the rum right now and in a few hours I'll be ready to add the orange juice and wine and, hopefully, enjoy it. The one thing I'm not sure of is my wine choice. Here's a graphic depiction of me buying said wine:

The two I chose are from Italy which I hear is pretty good at making rotten grape juice. And they both say sweet red wine so I might be on to something here. Wish me luck!

bone

"bangle for president"
DONOR
Car(s)
Volvo V40 & Yamaha Banshee
i've only bought bottles that said "sangria", never bothered to use a quality wine for it...

and i prefer the white one, it's much more refreshing...

talking about sangria, i want to try pimm's!!!

(pimm's is beer, right?)

Last edited:

KaJuN

Disco Inferno
Car(s)
It's done...and it tastes like sangria! :woot: Although it is a little too sweet for my taste. I think it's the wine because it was very sweet itself. It tasted so good in fact that I think I'll buy another bottle just to sip on by itself. All in all though I'm happy with my first attempt.

Here is the wine in question. I mixed it with red apples, oranges, and strawberries. The berries might also have contributed to the uber-sweetness.

bone

"bangle for president"
DONOR
Car(s)
did you also add cointreau or triple sec?
that's what i use to sweeten up mine...

KaJuN

Disco Inferno
Car(s)
Nope, just wine, clear rum, orange juice, and the fruit. Adding those other drinks seems like cheating. :p

marcos_eirik

Car(s)
Feet, bus pass... :(
We had a lot of fun in Iceland a couple of weeks ago:

Has anyone here tasted Iceland's national schnaps? It's called Brennivin and is actually quite good :)

Yes, the bottle looks fairly ominous. Sadly they have changed for clear bottles now, so some of the identity is lost...

laxmax613

Car(s)
Merkavim Mars
^^^ Brennivin is excellent and refreshing. it's good mixed with soda water.

Anyways, I'm drinking Vernor's Ginger Ale and Rye right now. It's a good combo.

Hemihead

Car(s)
Vaz 21023, Peugeot 605 SV24, Ford Mondeo 3.0 Ghia
I have two bottles of Zubrowka standing around, anyone know what to mix it with? I have been drinking it pure over ice so far.

sifu

Car(s)
-07 BMW E91 320d M-sport

Tried this yesterday.... It is a herbal liqueur, comparable to j?eger. This has imo better balance on herbs with distinct licorice flavour pushing through. Recommended by Sifu.

bone

"bangle for president"
DONOR
Car(s)
I have two bottles of Zubrowka standing around, anyone know what to mix it with? I have been drinking it pure over ice so far.
Zubrowka must be the very best vodka i ever had.
i think mixing it would be a waste

Ford Bloke

Decided to buy a bottle of Lagavulin after watching Ron Swanson drink it so many times. Its damn good. The peat smoke might be too intense for some people.