Booze thread

93Flareside

Döner Kebab enthusiast
DONOR
Car(s)
‘18 VW Golf GTI, '87 Mercury Colony Park
you don't have a problem if you have bottles with stuff left in it!
you're a collector ;)
looks at recycling bin after a weekend

Erm... To be fair, I'll have 1-3 beers a night and garbage pick up is Monday. So Tuesday-Sunday's bottle count starts to look pretty bad despite being spread out quite a bit. That's what I tell myself at least and since it's Octoberfest season, I've been upping the consumption due to Märzen being available.

Christmas is Glühwein season but that's drunk over many hours, it's a real nice.

DanRoM

Forum Addict
Car(s)
MX-5 ND, Tracer 900 GT & two bikes
Does wine count as booze? Anyway. :D

After waiting for a loooong time to share a bottle of wine I received from somebody (probably my parents, they have a habit of passing alcohol the get as a gift on to me) with guests and never having the opportunity, I finally gave in and drank that wine all by myself, given the current situation of it being less than probable to meet people.
I think I have a noew favourite red wine: Marqués de Riscal Rioja Reserva. It's not even expensive. :)

DanRoM

Forum Addict
Car(s)
MX-5 ND, Tracer 900 GT & two bikes
I found offers for around €15 on the web. Not cheap, but definitely not outrageously priced.

I know there are wines in the €3.50 category, but I usually avoid those...

RdKetchup

Snow Mexican Surender Monkey
DONOR
Car(s)
FoRS, Japanese touring triple
I found offers for around €15 on the web. Not cheap, but definitely not outrageously priced.

I know there are wines in the €3.50 category, but I usually avoid those...
I like wine, but I don't know enough about it and see enough differences to justify expensive ones. Here is my price scales:

< 10$, cheap grocery store wine. I avoid it.
10 - 20$, sweet spot. Plenty of good ones I love, from Australia, South America, Spain, France, Italy.
20 - 30$, slightly expensive stuff, cannot justify it at my level.
> 30$, expensive stuff. Some of the stuff in that category even I can see and appreciate the difference, but I never buy in that category. Last time a bottle wowed me (during an amazing meal at a steakhouse in Atlanta, paid for by my project manager), I went online to check the price at our state owned liquor store, and it fell in that category. I believe it was around 75$.

Crazyjeeper

NickGyver
DONOR
Car(s)
F150, CJ7, Mustang GT, Tenere, Griso
That's about where my scale is too. $10-20 is a good range for a nice drinkable wine.

I say that, and I've also got 7 bottles of $30-50 champagne in the rack, but those are different.

Anesthesia

Car(s)
'88 Civic 1.6i-16, '05 Accord, '07 Dyna
I used to drink white wine with the ex, mostly cheaper stuff that was in 3-litre boxes. A brand called "Chill Out" has been a solid choice for me. But that said I'll try anything once. As some may know. :D

93Flareside

Döner Kebab enthusiast
DONOR
Car(s)
‘18 VW Golf GTI, '87 Mercury Colony Park
I realize that hard stuff like a Whiskey or Vodka will not sit with me well. The higher the alcohol content of something, the worse the next day is. I'll feel like I hadn't had enough water until at least noon the following day despite chugging 3 liters.