Booze thread

1013417_10200812989201534_1907094035_n.jpg

$200 a bottle. Don't mind if i do.
140? for a 0,7l bottle here if I order online, shipping included. That?s 185$.

But that aside, a question - I?m not a Whiskey drinker, so I don?t understand the appeal of a "blend" whiskey at that kind of price. Wouldn?t you go for just "single malt" at that sort of price range?

Last edited:
For those of you that are/will be near Louisville, KY in 2 weeks, I hear this is worth checking out

http://www.kybourbonfestival.com/

I'm not a Bourbon drinker (don't really drink any liquor - beer only for me), but I was planning on checking it out and learning about the drink. But now I find out I might have to be out of town that weekend :(

Macallan 12, anyone?

macallan12yr.jpg

I'm not a big bourbon/scotch/whiskey person but couldn't resist having some last month when a buddy showed up with it at Mid-Ohio. Oh lord is that stuff good.

Finish Tradition by macnugget.org, on Flickr

The first full marathon I ever completed was the Loch Ness Marathon in Inverness, Scotland. From that trip I brought home a special, hand-filled (by me) bottle of single-malt 16 year Aberlour Scotch Whisky. PR or DNF, I only break out this spirit for race days because no distance can ever break my spirit. Tonight I?ll fill up my flask for Sunday?s 26.2 in San Antonio, wish me luck...

Classy.
:thumbsup:

Look what I just scored from my father. Thanks Dad!!!

Vintage 1960's (we think) Weller's Antique Reserve. Unopened with intact tax stamp.
If you know your Bourbon history, what used to be Wellers back in the Stitzel Distillery days is now being bottled as Pappy Van Winkle. So this is basically Pappy Van Winkle's "Pappy".
Wellers01.jpg

Wellers02.jpg

Tax stamp from back in the day.
Wellers03.jpg

Still clear as a bell!
Wellers04.jpg

Drinking Johnny Walker Red Label right now, may not be too expensive but it's nice to sip on.

The 12 Drinks of Christmas - BBC TV

BBC TV said:
Brothers-in-law and drinking buddies Alexander Armstrong and Giles Coren choose the booze that will give them their Christmas spirit. From mulled wine and fizz, eggnog and sloe gin to brandy and Boxing Day hangover cures, together these 12 drinks are the festive selection pack that will ensure their family's Christmas is full of good cheer

For Alexander Armstrong and Giles Coren Christmas is about enjoying time with their families. In their case, that means each other since they are brothers-in-law. Just like the rest of us, they spend much of the festive season indoors eating and drinking.

Every year Britons spend over ?10 billion on alcohol at Christmas. And every year, exactly what is drunk in the Armstrong-Coren family is the subject of some debate. Alexander is usually hosting and he likes to push the boat out, spoiling his guests with the finest booze he can get his hands on. Giles does not really see the point of splashing out on wine since everyone's already a bit squiffy by the time they sit down for lunch. As far as he is concerned a bottle or four of something cheaper would do just as well.

This year Giles and Alexander intend to settle this controversy once and for all. They are going to put together their definitive Christmas selection pack. But theirs will not come in a net stocking with a cardboard Santa at the top. It will come in bottles. However, just like the traditional selection pack, overconsumption may cause nausea.

They look for twelve different festive drinks they can agree on. Sometimes they find the winner in a category together, other times they champion different things. In some categories they source their contenders, in others they make their own creations from scratch. Together their festive dozen represents everything they need to ensure they are brimming over with the spirit of Christmas

I've just watched this and it was really funny.

Mostly a sort of serious discussion and debate about what various Christmas drinks should be and which were best. But really, just two mates having a bit of a pissup on camera.

:lol:

"What's worse than going to a concert, sporting event, etc. and having to pay $10, $15, $20 for a mixed drink with tax and tip. Are you kidding me?! Take Palcohol into the venue and enjoy a mixed drink for a fraction of the cost," the product's promotional material read.[...]
No, try to take a powdery substance with you and spend half the evening explaining to security and the cops how this is legal ... :rolleyes:

[...]similar products already sold in countries like Japan and Germany
wut?

... a quick google shows me that stuff like that indeed got into the german market 2005 ... but it never really got going. I for once never even heard of this ...

Story from 2005 (in english) http://www.dw.de/experts-warn-about-powdered-alcohol/a-1596657-1

Laphroaig 10. Oh my peaty, smokey goodness was this delicious.

4784058.jpg

Bought a bottle of this potato vodka as a present to a friend who has developed intolerance towards cereals (so no more whisky, beer, etc. for him until 'further notice'). I've got no idea about vodkas but I hope it's good!

karlssonsgold.jpg

I've had absinthe just three times. The first time I ended up on a beach in Tel Aviv hooking up with an Israeli soldier. The second time... well, all I'm going to say is that I ran home that night. The third time I had it, I got punched in the face and I have no idea why or who it was. I stay the f-ck away from absinthe now. Nothing else has ever gotten me so weirdly black-out drunk.