Booze thread

you don't have a problem if you have bottles with stuff left in it!
you're a collector ;)

looks at recycling bin after a weekend

Erm... To be fair, I'll have 1-3 beers a night and garbage pick up is Monday. So Tuesday-Sunday's bottle count starts to look pretty bad despite being spread out quite a bit. That's what I tell myself at least and since it's Octoberfest season, I've been upping the consumption due to Märzen being available.

Christmas is Glühwein season but that's drunk over many hours, it's a real nice.

Got these recently:

0917192026_HDR.jpg

Does wine count as booze? Anyway. :D

After waiting for a loooong time to share a bottle of wine I received from somebody (probably my parents, they have a habit of passing alcohol the get as a gift on to me) with guests and never having the opportunity, I finally gave in and drank that wine all by myself, given the current situation of it being less than probable to meet people.
I think I have a noew favourite red wine: Marqués de Riscal Rioja Reserva. It's not even expensive. :)

It's 24.55$ here, I would consider it on the slightly expensive side.

I found offers for around €15 on the web. Not cheap, but definitely not outrageously priced.

I know there are wines in the €3.50 category, but I usually avoid those...

I found offers for around €15 on the web. Not cheap, but definitely not outrageously priced.

I know there are wines in the €3.50 category, but I usually avoid those...

I like wine, but I don't know enough about it and see enough differences to justify expensive ones. Here is my price scales:

< 10$, cheap grocery store wine. I avoid it.
10 - 20$, sweet spot. Plenty of good ones I love, from Australia, South America, Spain, France, Italy.
20 - 30$, slightly expensive stuff, cannot justify it at my level.
> 30$, expensive stuff. Some of the stuff in that category even I can see and appreciate the difference, but I never buy in that category. Last time a bottle wowed me (during an amazing meal at a steakhouse in Atlanta, paid for by my project manager), I went online to check the price at our state owned liquor store, and it fell in that category. I believe it was around 75$.

That's about where my scale is too. $10-20 is a good range for a nice drinkable wine.

I say that, and I've also got 7 bottles of $30-50 champagne in the rack, but those are different.

I used to drink white wine with the ex, mostly cheaper stuff that was in 3-litre boxes. A brand called "Chill Out" has been a solid choice for me. But that said I'll try anything once. As some may know. :D

I realize that hard stuff like a Whiskey or Vodka will not sit with me well. The higher the alcohol content of something, the worse the next day is. I'll feel like I hadn't had enough water until at least noon the following day despite chugging 3 liters.

498195DC-4AA0-4155-AF10-E48064B9C414.jpeg

I’ve just tried a little bit of this stuff and it’s getting me teahte tbungafloed faster than anything ever has.

Oh, right, it tastes nice, too. In fact, it keeps throwing aromas at me long after each sip is gone. It’s the kind of whisky that makes Islay stuff taste weak.

1643927116681.png

View attachment 3563959

I’ve just tried a little bit of this stuff and it’s getting me teahte tbungafloed faster than anything ever has.

Oh, right, it tastes nice, too. In fact, it keeps throwing aromas at me long after each sip is gone. It’s the kind of whisky that makes Islay stuff taste weak.
Heck, I felt teahte tbungafloed just looking at the label. Haha.