Bought my first car MS3

Andrew911tt

Car(s)
2008 MazdaSpeed3 GT
I bought a beautiful 2008 Mazda MazdaSpeed3 GT with 2600 miles on it.

It was a great buy.

MSRP about $24000 and I got mine for $18,100 + tax title and reg

I wish I could find one in White or Silver but the deal was to good to past up.

The color is really growing on me in just a few hours.

Boy do this thing have some torque. It really does push you back when you step on it. The torque steer that I was worried about has really not been a problem so i am really excited

http://www.auction123.com/showroom/...81164174.html?showroom_dealer=8071&wait=false

FUCK YEAH MAZDA!!!!

Congrats - very nice choice - I love the torque my Astra Turbo has, so I can only imagine what the 3 MPS / MazdaSpeed version feels like (262Nm vs 380Nm).

Congrats. I've always loved that car!

with an intake, turboback and ECU reflash, that engine produces a ridiculous amt of hp and torque, have fun!

Just remember to make sure the engine mounts were replaced or you replace them because the factory ones were rubbish in their first model year.

t3h SEX !!!

And look, its a Mazda 3 that doesnt SMILE AND GRIN as wide as its bumpers !!! ;) :D :)

I hate you.

Nice. 2.3 Turbo FTW!

FAR too nice for a first car.

I drove one of these, although I think it was an 07, I liked it a lot. I noticed when coming to a stop and shifting to first gear with the clutch engaged, there was a lot of whine from the trans. maybe cause it was new? Or maybe cause it had to be so beefy to handle all the torque?

One of the best, well-rounded, front-wheel drive cars I've ever driven. Damn near bought one, and I still might.

FAR too nice for a first car.

Its not my first car. It's my first car i bought by myself.

I am almost 24 and have had:

2000-87 Toyota Tercel EZ - I broke the transmission after a year
2001-92 Honda Accord EX - I was t-boned
2002-87 Mercedes E300 Wagon - car was sold
2003-97 Chevrolet caviler - I spun on the freeway in the rain and totaled it
2004-95 Isuzu Rodeo - I traded it in with 190,000 miles
2009-08 MazdaSpeed3 - ????

The car itself ain't exactly a looker and according to someone (Tom Ford) it has monumental torque steer. Can't really comment on that since I've never driven it.

Congratulations anyway, new cars ftw! :)

Congrats ! Very nice choise indeed.

How about the Bose-soundsystem, is it any good? I've heard that it has some serious punch in it.

The bose system is really nice and boy does it have punch in the mid range.

Sounds like a great deal on an awesome car. Have fun with it.

So do you know if they solved the engine mounts problem in the 2008 models?

The car itself ain't exactly a looker and according to someone (Tom Ford) it has monumental torque steer. Can't really comment on that since I've never driven it.

Congratulations anyway, new cars ftw! :)

I've never understood why so many people harp on the torque steer with the Speed3...I've driven two, neither time was gentle, and the torque steer was never in the slightest bit a problem.

OP-Congratulations...I'm jealous. I would love to buy one of those...