bought the new mac book pro 15.4" today

Yeah, I already posted a PC laptop that is comparable to that Dell as far as specs for a LOT less cash, and it's an ASUS which means the build quality is going to be way better. Pretty lame article. It looks like they just tried to find the most expensive laptop they could, when you can actually get better quality for a lot less.

They just had to choose one of the most expensive laptop lines and compare it didn't they? Look at this then (desktops):

MAC:
* Two 2.66GHz Dual-Core Intel Xeon
* 1GB (2 x 512MB)
* NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT 256MB (single-link DVI/dual-link DVI)
* 250GB 7200-rpm Serial ATA 3Gb/s
* One 16x SuperDrive
* Apple Keyboard & Mighty Mouse - British
* Mac OS X (English)

* Five USB ports
* Two FireWire 400 ports
* Two FireWire 800 ports

PC:
7300GT
QX6700
1GB memory
Lian Li V1000 case
Creative Soundblaster Audigy SE
Gigabyte GA_P35C_DS3R

etc

Prices:
Mac: ?1699
PC: ?1230

you can always build a cheaper computer buying your own shit and building it compared to buying one from apple or dell...

^ Since when can you build your own laptop?

Congrats on the purchase. Earlier this year I bought the regular MacBook, and it has been fantastic. I didn't really need pro specs that's why I went for the lower model.

Anyway, I also bought the neoprene sleeve, which is neat.

General question. If I want to connect my MacBook to my Plasma tv...what do I need?

Congrats on the purchase. Earlier this year I bought the regular MacBook, and it has been fantastic. I didn't really need pro specs that's why I went for the lower model.

Anyway, I also bought the neoprene sleeve, which is neat.

General question. If I want to connect my MacBook to my Plasma tv...what do I need?

converters

mac book has a mni dvi out so you need the mini dvi converter to get a full size dvi port. if your tv has a dvi in then you just need a normal dvi cable, if its got HDMI then you need a DVI-HDMI cable

tho i tried 1080p via vga yesterday using the included dvi to vga converter in the box and just hooked it to the PC input on our 40 inch samsung and it worked a treat at 1080p

^ Since when can you build your own laptop?

check out the ASUS C90

it takes conroe CPU's as well, so its a little chunkier than a normal laptop, and it wont have as many heat reduction/power saving features...but conroes are cheaper than meroms by quite a bit.

no good if you want portability and long life, but as a DTR, well its ideal