Boxster/Cayman GTS launched

The 911 is a more luxurious car. This has little to do with performance when you go for a base 911 Carerra. It?s about how much more upmarket the 911 looks inside and out. Your normal 911 carerra buyer does not give a rats arse if the Cayman GTS is quicker or sharper around some circuit. Or if the rear seats are usable.

Make no mistake - I?m not defending the 911 "cult" here or saying that performance isn?t relevant ... I?m just saying it?s not the Focus of the Person walking into a Porsche Showroom and looking at a 911 Carerra, if maybe the Cayman GTS is the better drivers-car or not. As long as the Cayman/Boxter are lower in the food-chain in terms of luxury and presence, the Cayman will never take buyers away from the 911.
Does the 991 look or feel more upmarket than the 981 inside? Last time I saw them, I can't say the latter one struck me as less premium looking or feeling. I can imagine that it has something to do with the 911 image and being "a 911" which is what many of those customers want. And it is probably also why the 911 retains it's value much better than other Porsches (except the specials). That said, if I were in the market for a 991, I could definitely be swayed by the 981 GTS looking at how much kit you get at a much lower price. The GTS-branded Porsches seems to hit a sweet spot there, offering more than the regular -S (at a lower price than an -S specced up to the same level) with out the extremity of the GT-models or the face distorting pace of the Turbo.

Some driving footage of the Cayman GTS:

Boxster GTS:

I can imagine that it has something to do with the 911 image and being "a 911" which is what many of those customers want. And it is probably also why the 911 retains it's value much better than other Porsches (except the specials).

I've been thinking this quite a lot and of course it can vary between countries and so on but do you have anything to back this up? The concencus in the market seems to be according to my understanding that the 991 is so expensive and in some respects faulted compared with it's predecessor 997.1 and 997.2. And as the 997 was such a success there's a lot of the in the market with attractive prices. So in a sense 997 could be holding their values bit better and at least now 991 is dropping hard.

Okay this is just speculation but where I'm getting at is that when comparing what people are asking from their Boxsters and Caymans the difference isn't that noticable when comparing how 911s lose their value. Of course historic 991s are different story entirely but when talking about regular 996s and 997s do they really hold their value better than boxster/cayman?

Apparently the Boxster/Cayman GTS is all kinds of awesome:

[video=youtube;GGSRtEi2-kk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGSRtEi2-kk&list=UUIMzhx509wEXMuGkTK-kD9Q[/video]

I've already decided that once my Cayman S is paid off, I'll trade it for a current GTS. Gonna happen.

Non-camouflaged GT4:

B6pJ0t7CEAArzJ4.jpg

:jawdrop: