Brands you use

Blayde

Forum Addict
Car(s)
'06 Honda Civic EXi, '11 Kia Sportage EX
Thinking about this on the way to work, there are some brands for everyday use we all stick by, for clothes, shoes, other things we wear/always have on, good or bad. I'll start off.

At home/outdoors I wear no name shirts as long as they're 100% cotton and comfy but I do like Gildan, Port and Company and Anvil. Levi's jeans are fast becoming my favorite and I always wear Puma shoes. I use a no brand wallet that's lasted 20 years and Police glasses as I like the rimless look they do.

For work I wear Caterpillars, and always carry a trusted Pilot pen.

Overlapping work and not are my North Face backpack and Moto 360.

(Lets avoid phones and cars, as those are divisive and not really of the theme)

What brands do you use/wear/subscribe to? Ive gone and bought stuff like work shoes on my dime as I trust them and cannot stand what the company provided.

Writing: outside of my beloved fountain pens, Pilot Precise V5. Every time.
Winter/outdoor boots: LL Bean.
Flashlight: Mag-Lite AA

Jackets and Backpacks: The North Face
Pants: Wrangler Texas, Dockers
Shoes: Clarks
I actually like Anvil T-Shirts as well, they're cheap and decent quality
(Business) Shirts: Eterna
Glasses, Misc Items: Armani

Logitech for PC peripherals.
Adidas for casual shoes, Columbia and Merrell for more durable stuff.
C&A for clothing. Except jackets, Columbia again. Ikea for random stuff for the house.

Only ones I can think of is that I pretty much replaced all my socks with Tesema brand ones, and for work/winter/walking shoes I've preferred Sievi or Jalas because they have wide soles that fit my feet.

I always buy Sievi shoes, other than that, dunno. :dunno:

They're mostly known for their steel-toed work shoes (which I use 8-12 hours a day and love) but they also have 'normal' shoes. No reason to buy anything else, imo.

Shoes - Johnston & Murphy, Timberland, and Puma.
Dress shirts - Brooks Brothers. For business casual I'm not picky.
Slacks - Banana Republic.
Body wash and deodorant - Old Spice.

For pretty much all other daily items I tend not to stick to any particular brand.

New Balance for sneakers
Colgate gel for toothpaste
Nivea for body lotion (even though the bastards tried to change the formula a little while ago)
Impulse for deodorant
and Nestle for Smarties

All the rest is subject to change. Although, I am in the habit now of, if I find something I like clothing-wise, I get a few of them for spares since clothing lines and colours change so often.

Only ones that immediately spring to mind for me:

Winter Jackets: North Face
Wallet/purse: Colorado
Underwear/Socks: Bonds
Shampoo: Herbal Essences
Body wash: Palmolive
Toothpaste: Colgate
Automotive Fluids/Oils: Castrol
Phone Network: Telstra

I'm pretty flexible but generally

Work boots: Oliver (very comfy, much better than the Steel Blues I was issued with a few years ago)
Sneakers: New Balance or Adidas
Underwear and socks: Bonds
Toothpaste: Colgate
Phone network: Telstra
Iced Coffee: Nippys or Dare

as a german/european, i am now very much aware of how many brands simply don't exist here or i am not aware of :|

I prefer not to dress as a walking advertisement. With clothing, I tend to try out different brands anyway because I'm never really satisfied with the ones I already tried...

As an ad man, I appreciate this thread. Nevertheless, I am not immune to brand's lure, even if I am one of the persons scripting the "emotional benefit" brands promise. So, where am I really brand loyal?

Jeans - Edwin
Hair product - Murray's Pomade
Laptops - Lenovo
Engine oil - Mobil

Shoes: Salomon
Socks: Falke
Shower gel: sanex
The rest is pretty much random/whatever is on sale.

The only brand I have stuck with, and it's more of a price thing than anything, is Wrangler jeans. I had bought a few pair of Lee's a couple years back, but they didn't hold up as well, so I switched back.

Beyond that, I tend to shop for cheap rather than for brand. Call me a skinflint if you will, but you gotta pay for cars and parts somehow...

Kenneth Cole V-neck t-shirts (they have no logos etc, just solid colors).
I go through different jeans phases - right now it's American Eagle.
Shoes - Reebok for Gym - Puma for casual. Aldo for dress up
Suits - Boss or Calvin Klein
Shirts - Polo or Calvin Klein
Sleep pants from target (different brands, but all have some sort of superhero or cartoon link).

I work in shopping malls, so a lot of times i'm on top of good sales or have a connection with store employees for their discounts. :p

Jacket: Work 'n' Sport (Farm and Fleet's Carhart imitator)

Wallet: Alden (only because my dad gets them for free)

Shampoop: Suave

Body wash: Old Spice

Phone: Apple

Carrier: AT&T

Toothpaste: Crest (only because they have mouthwash infused paste and it is awesome)

Home audio equipment: Pioneer

Laptop: Samsung (at the moment because it was cheap and had a matte display)

Engine oil: Havoline

Socks: Hanes

Jeans: I'm cheap so usually it's what Target or Walmart have.

Shoes: vans or whatever for day to day. Work boots are currently Work n Sport. Dress shoes.... Shoot that reminds me, I need some.

Phone: Apple
Tablet: Apple
Oil: Castrol
Tires: Goodyear/Michelin
Desktop OS: Microsoft
Internet Browser: Google
CPU: Intel
Graphic card: Nvidia
Memory: Corsair
HDD/SDD: Western digital
Laptop: Sony
Keyboard/mouse: Logitech