Bras - Sizing, Shopping, Finding the Best

It isn't just that though. You find a bra that actually fits...just right. You get happy and decide to order more from the SAME MANUFACTURER of the same size...just different styles.

You'd think they'd all fit the same...right? Nope. Grrr.

I KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hell, even the same style. I thought it was just me :eek:

DD is barely the beginning. You're leaving out a lot of boobs.

In UK sizing, ignoring AA (as I'm not quite sure about it), it goes A, B, C, D, DD, E, F, FF, G, GG, H, HH, J, JJ, K, KK, L. I've head of larger cups than those, too, but those are rare.
Whaaaaaaaat?

L? L?! How is that even a thing? It'd destroy the person's spine...

No different than foot-bras...er...shoes, I mean. In skechers, in two differest styles, I wear a 10.5 in one, and a 12 in another. Same brand. I also have two different pairs of Ecco shoes. They're both 45, and both fit differently.

Well, I still don't like it. And don't get me started on underwires. Tools of the Devil, I tell ya...

To be honest, I don't understand how anyone can buy clothing from a catalog or online.

To be honest, I don't understand how anyone can buy clothing from a catalog or online.

One word: Desperation.

Would you go to work wearing work boots that were at least one more more sizes too small? And too narrow? And then stand on your feet the whole work day for at least 10 hours day after day, and then still wear them on your days off? (while most women wear a bra for about 16-18 hours a day, minimum)

If the answer is no, then you'll understand that if we see something online that supposedly is just what we need for a bra, then we're willing to pay just about anything. Or try anything.

Random question, but how many of these bra makers are actually run by women? By all your complaints, it sounds like none of them. Y'all should start your own company, bras made by real women for real women, instead of bras made by guys for 29DD's.

The problem is less about who runs the companies and more about the fact that different breasts are shaped differently and have different needs. A bottom heavy, wide root, splayed bust will need different support and form in the cups from a top heavy, narrow root bust, even in the same size and style. My measurements may say I need a 28G, but I need a 28G that can appropriately fit narrow root, top heavy bust that's extremely high set. That's a lot of different factors to coordinate in a single bra.

Also, just being female doesn't make one a good person or understanding of different needs. One of our local shops is woman run. They don't carry small bands and shame women with larger busts. I'm less concerned with the gender of the person (people) in charge and more concerned with how responsive they are to the issues women face.

Last edited:
There are a number of places that are run by women and carry a wide and varied range. There is a shop in QLD that does made to measure, as well as carrying everything from the really small to the more expansive. Problem is, they are a looooooooooooooooooooooong way away, therefore I have to resort to mail order. And yes, it takes time to find stuff that fits the way it should. And, it's guaranteed that as soon as you do, the manufacturer discontinues it.

It's why when stuff like the Aaaah Bra comes out, women flock to buy just to try it out. Anything to get away from the hell of hooks, underwire, stuff that rides up, undercuts, chafes and all that.

I'd cut the damn things off if I could and get a hysterectomy at the same time.

Oh yeah. I have that too. Haynes is the worst for that crap.

Hanes does the same with the underwears. I bought a pack awhile back and one set pinches the berries in a most unpleasant way.

I'd cut the damn things off if I could and get a hysterectomy at the same time.

I know the feeling. Which is why I get annoyed with women who are smaller sized and confess they want to be bigger.

No you don't. If you're smaller busted, then you have way more options. If you want to look bigger for the evening, you can always wear a padded bra.

If you're larger, you're just stuck with them. we can't really wear un-padded ones. Lovely especially when it's 100 degrees out.

You can take it off, we won't complain at all. ;)

One word: Desperation.

Would you go to work wearing work boots that were at least one more more sizes too small? And too narrow? And then stand on your feet the whole work day for at least 10 hours day after day, and then still wear them on your days off? (while most women wear a bra for about 16-18 hours a day, minimum)

If the answer is no, then you'll understand that if we see something online that supposedly is just what we need for a bra, then we're willing to pay just about anything. Or try anything.
I think NecroJoe's point was about the difference in sizes between different companies and even different product lines of the same company - if you can't trust the size given on the website, then how do you end up with something that fits?

My online shopaholic female friends usually order everything in two or three different sizes and then send the non-fitting sizes back. But that of course is lots of hassle.

So I went and got myself sized at a Bravissimo's today, who use the best-fit method (rather than the tape measuring method which is outdated and, really, doesn't work), and it turns out I'm a 34G (GG in some styles), not a 36E like I thought... Damn.

You know it is coming...

:threadnopics:

:lol:

"Freya"

Nice.