Breaking news: Blast hit Norwegian government building in Oslo

nomix

True Viking
Car(s)
Tend do walk the 40 meters from my bed to lecture.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-14252515

A large explosion has hit near government headquarters in the Norwegian capital Oslo.

The blast is thought to have caused damage to the offices of Norwegian Prime Minister Jens Stoltenberg and a number of other official buildings.

Witnesses have said several people were injured in the incident in the centre of the city.

There are reports of windows being shattered and smoke drifting in the streets.

Edit: I'm seeing reports of another explosion another place in Oslo.

Last edited:
why would they do this in Oslo?

why would they do this in Oslo?
We're a close ally of the US and have a force in Afghanistan...

Still, all or most government buildings in Oslo are almost completely devoid of any form of protection, in contrast to the American, and British Embassy which are like fortresses in comparison...

So I guess, terrorism has officially hit Norway, this will change things, for sure...

Last edited:
I live less than 1 km away from the hit. Windows were shaking. What the fuck

I wouldn't exclude Libya.

Breaking News: Norwegian PM Jens Stoltenberg is safe. Thank the Gods.

Not wanting to jump to any conclusions, but a newspaper office was also hit. Cartoons, anyone?
The paper hit was VG, our largest paper. VG has no connection to Muhammed cartoons, if that were the target, you'd rather hit Cappelen Damm publishers.

Of all the countries to attack they choose Norway?
We have dropped more bombs than anyone else on Libya, along with Denmark, we have been active in Afghanistan for a decade, to mention some.

The paper hit was VG, our largest paper. VG has no connection to Muhammed cartoons, if that were the target, you'd rather hit Cappelen Damm publishers.

We have dropped more bombs than anyone else on Libya, along with Denmark, we have been active in Afghanistan for a decade, to mention some.

Unless you just consider the whole country is at fault. These people have blinders on, remember that.

Yeah, but VG would be the lesser target there.

I'm getting news that my cousing, working in he centre of Oslo, was thrown around in his shop. The shop is quite a distance from SMK (the offices), and in a by-street, so it must have been FUCKING strong.

Good point. These nutjob fuckwit Islamics don't give a shit if their target is the correct one as long as it's close enough.

Kind of like an American punching out a Chinese guy in retribution for Pearl Harbor.

Haven't the Chinese been against Norway recently? With the Nobel Prize thing and all that?
The Chinese do not work like this. No fucking way. They use economic muscle, not terrorism.

Weren't the Mohamed cartoons Danish?
Yes, but a christian Magazine called Magazinet published them in Norway, and Cappelen-Damm published a book about it.

Lets Get our facts straight. The newspaper VG has not been confirmed being hit. The building is 100 meters away from the explotion so their Windows were blown. Go to vg.no for more (they are up and running and would not be If they were hit)

No doubt this is terror. Was only a question of time before

The Chinese do not work like this. No fucking way. They use economic muscle, not terrorism.

I still wouldn't put it past them. They don't exactly understand how the rest of the world operates (the government, not the people, obviously)