BREAKING NEWS: Ford sells cars, makes profit!

If ever there was a car that looked angry...

Watch out Icebone, this one looks pretty pissed.

Alfa%20Romeo%20159%201.jpg

Sustainability? You know, they have been in business since 1903 ;).

Unfortunately the age of a company doesn't play a role when it comes to its future...

The problem Ford has, is not a technological one. They did not forget how to make cars. They can make good cars, as have been proving for several years with the Mondeo and the Focus.

I'm not enough into the subject to list all the reasons why Ford (and the other two of the "big three") are in so much trouble but it's clear to me that they are so deep in the mud that it seems almost impossible for them to get out on their own again.

I'm not enough into the subject to list all the reasons why Ford (and the other two of the "big three") are in so much trouble but it's clear to me that they are so deep in the mud that it seems almost impossible for them to get out on their own again.

Yea I know they have made no progress whatsoever, going from losing billions to making millions, and making better cars is clearly a sign they are screwed.

No, the issue was that Ford was actually losing money hand over fist, due in large part to Ford's self-imposed UAW obligations.

The rest of the problem is the Ford family, they own entirely way to much of the company, have no idea how to run one, and restrict anyone they try to hire or want to. This is why they couldn't get Ghosn from Nissan/Renault, he doesn't want to fight the family.

The UAW may be a good chunk of their problems, but if they had decent management and built proper cars, the UAW would be much less of a problem to them than a lot of us are saying they are.

Let's say I believe it when I see it.

I do not trust that habit of publishing quarterly numbers at all. I value sustainability. Let's see how good they are at that.

It's much, much, much, much, much too early to be cheerful at Ford. Maybe time for a deep breath but nothing more.

Given the experiences of the past, I think I have all the rights in the world to remain sceptical.

Well it is not a habit to post quarterly numbers it is required by law for US publicly traded companies.

Wow, how did I miss this news. This is good news to hear. :yes: