BRexit : Shall UK stay in EU or go now?

More twats resigning tonight.

Chris Green‏Verified account @CGreenUK
I have handed in my resignation to the Prime Minister as PPS. Brexit must mean Brexit

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/pbs.twimg.com\/media\/Dhrv1ieX4AApfPD.jpg"}[/IMG2]

Danny Dyer on Good Evening Britain

[video=youtube;0Km-8wfpEwg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Km-8wfpEwg[/video]

Love Island contestants discuss Brexit

marcos_eirik;n3551146 said:
Well, the UK is actually standing with a loaded gun in it's hand pointing it at it's feet. Why aren't anyone seriously suggesting not shooting their feet, and just drop the whole brexit thing? We all know the arguments that convinced people to vote for brexit, were exposed as lies.

I don't think they will see the danger until the gun goes off. Then the question becomes are they lucky and the bullet misses them, or will they go to the hospital when it does hit.

Airbus chief says ministers have 'no clue' on Brexit

The chief executive of planemaker Airbus has accused the government of having no idea how to take the UK out of the EU without damaging the country.

Tom Enders said it "still has no clue, or at least no consensus, on how to execute Brexit without severe harm".

"Brexit in any form, soft or hard, light or clean - whatever you call it - will be damaging," he added.
https://www.bbc.com/news/business-44735505?intlink_from_url=&link_location=live-reporting-story

Jacob Rees-Mogg visits Irish border

MacGuffin;n3551115 said:
And now Boris quit as well. Congratulations.

Which makes me think this is a power play. Boris has been aiming for the PM seat for ages, now he has the opportunity and justification (her idiotic calling of elections, and now this).

This sums up Boris Johnson very well I think:

[h=1]Boris Johnson Has Ruined Britain[/h] He knows that the verdict of history is about to come down on him — and bury him.

[...]
Britain is in this mess principally because the Brexiteers — led largely by Mr. Johnson — sold the country a series of lies in the lead up to the June 2016 referendum on leaving the European Union. They did so because neither Mr. Johnson nor his fellow leader of the Leave campaign, Michael Gove, intended, wanted or expected to win.

At the start of 2016, Mr. Johnson was perhaps the most popular politician in Britain. Supporters and fans mobbed him at train stations and traffic lights; pollsters and pundits thought he could reach the parts of the country that other Conservatives could never touch. But he was also driven and insecure, so desperate to guarantee he would be the next prime minister that he cynically abandoned his own previous positions on the European Union in order to try to secure support from his party’s Euroskeptic right wing. Because Mr. Johnson and Mr. Gove were confident that the Leave campaign was a hopeless cause, they were free to make ridiculous claims that they had no expectation of ever having to fulfill. They said that Brexit would make Britain both richer and more independent, with more money for the National Health Service, much greater control of immigration and continued friction-free trade with Europe.
[...]
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/10/...tion-brexit.html?smid=fb-nytopinion&smtyp=cur

mpicco;n3551419 said:
It's sad to see really how eeeeeasy people get played...
marcos_eirik;n3551484 said:
Comfortable lies are easier to sell than rough truths...
I've been having trouble to follow this unbearable palaver because it's so bloody depressing to see it develop. Not that I feel for any Leave voters or Brexiteers, quite the opposite in some cases, but it must be terrible for Remain voters who are now stuck between a rock, a hard place and a brick wall. Despised by the Brexiteers (and some of the Leave voters), with a very uncertain future ahead which they tried to prevent and then also faced with any negative feelings that mainland Europeans may have towards the UK in general.

It's always easy to sell your wild ideas as long you don't have to face the realities that they create. I would have thought people had learnt that lesson, but apparently, history is doomed to repeat itself. Is it some sort of innate tribalism that we, i.e. the human race, cannot shake off? Must it always be "my people against all the others"?

Britain's Brexit Secretary, Dominic Raab, has been ridiculed for admitting that he did not previously realize how important a major trade route is to the UK economy.

Speaking at a technology industry event in central London on Wednesday night, Raab denied that failing to reach a deal with the European Union would lead to major shortages of food and medicine due to disruption between the English port of Dover and Calais in France.
https://edition.cnn.com/2018/11/08/uk/brexit-raab-dover-calais-scli-intl/index.html

TaxPayers’ Alliance concedes it launched smears against Brexit whistleblower

The uncontested claim has stated that the TaxPayers’ Alliance is responsible for Elliott’s Brexit Central website as part of nine “linked” high-profile rightwing “thinktanks” that operate in and around offices at 55 Tufton Street in Westminster and coordinate media and other strategy.

A separate claim by Sanni against Downing Street is still ongoing.
https://www.theguardian.com/politic...axpayers-alliance-concedes-it-launched-smears

EMPLOYMENT TRIBUNAL

B E T W E E N:

SHAHMIR SANNI (Claimant)

-and-

THE TAX PAYERS ALLIANCE LIMITED
(Respondent)

The Reason to Dismiss - The Nine Entities

(88) The Respondent is one of seven organisations located at or with links to 55

Tufton Street, who each pursue different strands of the same political goals.

One of these is the exit of the UK from the European Union.

(89) The other organisations are:

(a) The office of Peter Whittle, former leader of the UK Independence Party;

(b) Civitas: Institute for the Study of Civil Society Europe;

(c) The Adam Smith Institute;

(d) Leave Means Leave;

(e) The Global Warming Policy Foundation;

(f) Brexit Central;

(g) The Centre for Policy Studies (although its registered address is at 55

Tufton Street, its offices are elsewhere); and

(h) The Institute for Economic Affairs
https://www.bindmans.com/uploads/files/documents/17_July_2018_-_Particulars_of_Claim_(As_Lodged).pdf (pdf)

In light of the past few days...

...we have become a meme country.

That is all. I'll just leave this here. :p

mpicco;n3551419 said:
It's sad to see really how eeeeeasy people get played...

what i don't understand, is that now it becomes clear how much the UK fucked itself
boris, farrage, ... all the other populists, haven't been lynched by an angry mob?

That would require Brexit supporters to live in some kind of objective reality.

They still don't. A terrifying amount of people want the No Deal option right now. The politicians that represent those people tried to unseat the PM yesterday. The populists haven't died just because reality hit, they just found a new fantasy to be populist about.