BRexit : Shall UK stay in EU or go now?

At least his chauvinistic rants explain his low reputation.

Says the guy who thinks the EU with out the UK will turn the UK into Romania...

I mean, again, who beat who in WW2?
Who's a world super power?
You think Texans have pride, you never met a patriotic Brit before.
Don't mess with UK.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, without the EU, it's probable your future lies in becoming a low-income country with a weak currency. So I wouldn't worry about that too much -- most of the Britons won't be able to afford going to the continent anyway :p

Dreams of a lunatic too self absorbed in revenge...

I think you need a history lesson on European politics, remember the treaty of Versailles?
You have no one in Europe to thank for your freedom but Great Britain and it's allies outside of Europe.
So again, where do you get off saying if the UK leaves, the UK'll be poor.
USA isn't in the EU, is the USA poor?
Eurotrash.

- - - Updated - - -

ironically, if the UK leaves, the EU'll have to manage somehow with out us.

- - - Updated - - -

At least his chauvinistic rants explain his low reputation.

I mention World War 2, that seems to have shut you up.
McLuvin.

- - - Updated - - -

A British person does not want to be told they can't speak about WW2, ever.
Deal with it.

Any British person in here willing to tell him what a blithering idiot he his? I can't be bothered.

Any British person in here willing to tell him what a blithering idiot he his? I can't be bothered.

Because you can't.

Srsly...
Where do you get off forgetting Britain?
You and your Lidl spawning nation should apologise for ganging up on the one country who liberated you in this God forsaken continent, the one country who's language you're using too. You don't see me speaking German, but I see you speaking English.

Your pride must have lowered your IQ to be so blind to this point of view.

- - - Updated - - -

At the end of the day it will be voters in GB that decide, not Germany, France, or any other sucker so readily to forget Great Britain.

- - - Updated - - -

If you forget the UK, you forget yourself.

Why did the British even bother to stop Napoleon if THIS is the thanks we get.
We stopped Europe being taken over not once but twice, at least.
We also didn't have Spanish rule here, unlike some.

- - - Updated - - -

I think it was wrong that you thought the UK depends on the EU and if we were to exit the UK'll be poor.

Like you're going to tell Europe not to sell to Great Britain or buy British if we exit.

Last edited:
Dude, you ok? Need a cigarette?

Let's come back to Earth a bit, will we, topgearwascool?

What sense does getting so insanely patriottic has?

I know your grandparents did great things, but it wasn't you. You're 29, you haven't won any war, you haven't built anything, you haven't saved any continents. Some of you ancestors did. But you live now, not 70 or 200 years ago. They were different people. Come on... on that same scheme, I come from Italy... Does this mean I should be proud because my long-past ancestors tought the British Isles what civilization is, or what music is, or what art is, or how to win many more football world cups? Does that make any sense to you? I hope not. And if that doesn't make sense, so doesn't your highly-excited claims of British supremacy. It's not the same people, it's not the same times, it's often not even the same culture.

The UK is a great place, I like it, and I like to speak its language, but so are the other countries. And I like to speak german, french, spanish too. Because I LIKE that, I like the cultural wealth which caomes from interacting cultures. This is sometimes painful, and sometimes shameful, because anyone has its problems. But... do you really need -us- "continentals" to tell you what the problems of the UK are? Can't you see them for yourself? Won't you? Do you really -want- us to throw you out of the childish throne you seem to like so much as to cling on the idea of being sat onto it? You have plenty of problems, as any other country. And while anything is debatable (and debated), let's not fall into nationalism, isolationism and presumption, because... really, there's no need for them, and the best you (or anyone else) can get out of them is mockery.

Please, let's come back to Earth. :)

Let's come back to Earth a bit, will we, topgearwascool?

What sense does getting so insanely patriottic has?

I know your grandparents did great things, but it wasn't you. You're 29, you haven't won any war, you haven't built anything, you haven't saved any continents. Some of you ancestors did. But you live now, not 70 or 200 years ago. They were different people. Come on... on that same scheme, I come from Italy... Does this mean I should be proud because my long-past ancestors tought the British Isles what civilization is, or what music is, or what art is, or how to win many more football world cups? Does that make any sense to you? I hope not. And if that doesn't make sense, so doesn't your highly-excited claims of British supremacy. It's not the same people, it's not the same times, it's often not even the same culture.

The UK is a great place, I like it, and I like to speak its language, but so are the other countries. And I like to speak german, french, spanish too. Because I LIKE that, I like the cultural wealth which caomes from interacting cultures. This is sometimes painful, and sometimes shameful, because anyone has its problems. But... do you really need -us- "continentals" to tell you what the problems of the UK are? Can't you see them for yourself? Won't you? Do you really -want- us to throw you out of the childish throne you seem to like so much as to cling on the idea of being sat onto it? You have plenty of problems, as any other country. And while anything is debatable (and debated), let's not fall into nationalism, isolationism and presumption, because... really, there's no need for them, and the best you (or anyone else) can get out of them is mockery.

Please, let's come back to Earth. :)

Yeah, we're all European, for now.

I think it's just scare mongering poisoning the minds of Europeans making people think that anyone's future is dependent on this particular trade agreement. If the EU with out GB impose sanctions on GB making it harder for GB to trade with the EU then, it would be in GB's best interest to stay, but why would the EU ever be that petty? - They wouldn't. So anyone, even Germany, could leave the EU... If they wanted to.
I don't know the case with other member nation-states, but this in/out referendum for the EU is the first in a lifetime for many here (including myself).
So if the EU says exiting this trade agreement makes anywhere worse off, it's probably big corporation talking, big multi national corporation (which aren't bad things, but powerful things that works above the sovereignty level)...
Brussels has a bunch of people fighting for each nation-state's own needs, the EU is going to have to figure out what the EU wants. It's not about what GB wants or Germany or Italy or anyone else, but what we can do for each other.
Inspired by Benjamin Franklyn's house in London, I wonder, what is it we all can agree upon?
The EU is a mess.
But not a lost cause, if we all let go of our differences, and work together; yes, I'd buy my car from Germany, if somebody buys my Airbus wings etc... Free market is good, but all I see is bickering with no give or take on either side when it comes to PM David Cameron of GB and Chancellor Angela Merkel of Germany renegotiating GB's EU deal.
As it is, the Syrian refugee crises, Calais looked livelier than Belgium! (that refugee camp there), but that was bad.
It's 2016, why not just make Europe one nation?

A.... :?... Multilingual nation

As far as I'm aware, we have a bunch of monarchies, republics and city states....

Now if we ditched all that and swore allegiance to the yellow stars, then perhaps we can get some work done.

I want a GB EURO plate on my car, and proud. Still proud to be British.

I am reminded of Texas, the Lone Star State, proud and independent, but stronger with the USA, that's GB with the EU - Rule Britannia Baby.
I think of Pennsylvania when I look at Germany, being like the Keystone to this whole mess.
Switzerland is like Delaware (and I'd be damned if I'd be silent about David Cameron making offshores illegal, but... that's an internal matter).
France could be California, France are a big part of this too.

Last edited:

The only thing YOU have been doing continuously, is annoying everyone here.

Seriously, I always thought Spectre had far too much time in his life to write in here but you, my friend, beat him by miles.

Get a life, man. Or a more demanding job (if you have one in the first place).

Last edited:
Sorry, I pissed him off with my ignorance for his little island in the North Sea.

The only thing YOU have been doing continuously, is annoying everyone here.

Seriously, I always thought Spectre had far too much time in his life to write in here but you, my friend, beat him by miles.

Get a life, man. Or a more demanding job (if you have one in the first place).

"Sour-Krout', Jesus, bring up a little history in the face of ignorance and what do I get?

- - - Updated - - -

Mention the 2nd world war and Europe blushes. (Well, most of it seems to).

WW2 was how long ago and you're still trying to bring up its relevance today? Is that all the English can talk about?

WW2 was how long ago and you're still trying to bring up its relevance today? Is that all the English can talk about?
WWII is never taboo.

It also might explain a distrust felt whenever someone in Europe says they'd call all the shots and take your resources for it and then telling you it's important for your future.

- - - Updated - - -

europe-according-to-britain.png

This is like 6 years old.

Last edited:

You have to understand that some still look back at WW2 with sentimental thoughts and a tear in their eye.

Personally I can't understand why some people keep on glorifying a war that cost 50 million lives. But in Britain, I understand, war is still considered something honorable in certain circles. -- even today. Sometimes I have the feeling that the world moved on but some circles prefer to live in the past.

@topgearwascool: Why don't you try looking for something you can be proud of TODAY instead of things that happened when your great-grandfather was young?

I'm sure you can easily come up with a lot of British achievements of the past 20 years that are worth mentioning and would secure Britain an equal place among America, the rest of the EU and Asia as an independent island in the North Atlantic? Investment banking and real estate bubbles do not count, by the way. I mean real achievements that brought benefits for the rest of the world and will make sure that Britain can economically survive on its own as an export nation.

I challenge you ;)

Last edited:
You have to understand that some still look back at WW2 with sentimental thoughts and a tear in their eye.

Personally I can't understand why some people keep on glorifying a war that cost 50 million lives. But in Britain, I understand, war is still considered something honorable in certain circles. -- even today. Sometimes I have the feeling that the world moved on but some circles prefer to live in the past.

@topgearwascool: Why don't you try looking for something you can be proud of TODAY instead of things that happened when your great-grandfather was young?

I'm sure you can easily come up with a lot of British achievements of the past 20 years that are worth mentioning and would secure Britain an equal place among America, the rest of the EU and Asia as an independent island in the North Atlantic? Investment banking and real estate bubbles do not count, by the way. I mean real achievements that brought benefits for the rest of the world and will make sure that Britain can economically survive on its own as an export nation.

I challenge you ;)
I personally count Slash of Guns N' Roses and the Jimi Hendrix Experience (band) from Westminster and... Anything that looks at Soho.

Just imagine if a German was this proud of his/her country. You'd flag them a Nazi before they could say one more word.

Being proud of something is alright, but do you have to be so loud about it?

And the war... man... really? So yeah, maybe your granddad liberated my granddad (and the rest of Europe) from the Nazis - well, actually no, I doubt either one was at fighting age yet when WW2 came around. Almost everybody that had an active role in that war is dead by now. But sure, keep bringing it up because history. By the same token let's talk about the nasty shit Britain pulled in its colonies, or the fact that the US of A are the only country that ever used nuclear weapons against another country and its civilian population? But we let it slide, because reasons? And you make it sound like Britain won the war by itself, despite the massive help from its allies and also the small fact the Russia was maybe slow to react but due to sheer size almost unbeatable.

Maybe you take the 'G' in GB a little too serious? And if you think Britain is keeping the EU alive you must be very delusional.

Last edited:
He's a blithering idiot.

We also won the world cup against the Nazis Germany in 1966...

"Great" Britain is dead. A nation of people who consider Celebrity Big Brother the height of entertainment and who's aspirations are limited to appearing on the X Factor and being able to claim disability benefits for being fat. The media and government split the UK from mainland Europe, and even the individual countries of the UK apart for their own gain and the "United" Kingdom becomes less so, they feed the public stories of Britain's past achievements to distract from the miserable and rapidly degrading state of current affairs.

Welcome to the UK, it's the new USA. Only the US has the sheer population and land mass to keep itself afloat.

Topgearwascool

After the info about the EU spending, it's time to refresh a bit the info about WWII.

http://www.fallen.io/ww2/

This clarifies the size of things.

Also, my city was liberated by Polish soldiers, followed by the italian resistants, then by Americans and Indians. And that kept me thinking...

And on this I would like to point your attention. The British army, in Italy, armed and deployed people from Canada, New Zealand, Australia, South Africa, India, Poland, Greece, Israel.

Do you see the pattern? The great british army which fought the war and on which resides your pride was composed by people coming from all corners of the world, living in incredibly different cultures. And yet they stood united, and they fought against nationalism and against people who believed to be "better" than others.

Incidentally, and not related to the mess it's become now, those same principles live (or should live) at the heart of the European Union.

If you now believe Britain to be "better", you're not only spitting in the face of the widely multinational army whose memory you raise as a flag, but you're doing exactly the same unforgivable and very stupid error that Axis nations made during those tragic years.

Last edited: