BRexit : Shall UK stay in EU or go now?

Over 1m and rising. I'll be interested to see how high it gets by mid-evening. There will be a lot of people during the day otherwise occupied who may not get a chance or see shared messages on social media until after work.

• Corbyn throwing a temper tantrum and storming out of a eleventh-hour Brexit meeting at No. 10 because the Independent Group was represented once more proved he can not be trusted with power
Being a raging anti-Semite doesn’t exactly endear him, either.

Being a raging anti-Semite doesn’t exactly endear him, either.
Not sure whether he actually is an anti-semite or "only" tolerates anti-semitism in his party (basically the only problem of leftist "anti-imperialism"). In any case, not really leadership credentials, right.

Getting "502 bad gateway" on the petition site. Probably going to crash at least once more today.

Now gaining at over 3k votes per minute!

Vote now at 1.9m. 150k votes added in the last half hour or so.

Between checking the count and posting my last post another 30k or more votes added.

EU27 responds to UK requests in a positive spirit and:

agrees to Art. 50 extension until 22 May if Withdrawal Agreement approved next week

if not agreed next week then extension until 12 April

approves ‘Strasbourg Agreement’

continues no-deal preparations

Next - Meaningful Vote 3 "This time its Meaningful"

European Council (Art. 50) conclusions, 21 March 2019

1. The European Council takes note of the letter of Prime Minister Theresa May of 20 March 2019.
  2. In response, the European Council approves the Instrument relating to the Withdrawal Agreement and the Joint Statement supplementing the Political Declaration agreed between the European Commission and the government of the United Kingdom in Strasbourg on 11 March 2019.
  3. The European Council agrees to an extension until 22 May 2019, provided the Withdrawal Agreement is approved by the House of Commons next week. If the Withdrawal Agreement is not approved by the House of Commons next week, the European Council agrees to an extension until 12 April 2019 and expects the United Kingdom to indicate a way forward before this date for consideration by the European Council.
  4. The European Council reiterates that there can be no opening of the Withdrawal Agreement that was agreed between the Union and the United Kingdom in November 2018. Any unilateral commitment, statement or other act should be compatible with the letter and the spirit of the Withdrawal Agreement.
  5. The European Council calls for work to be continued on preparedness and contingency at all levels for the consequences of the United Kingdom’s withdrawal, taking into account all possible outcomes.
  6. The European Council will remain seized of the matter.
https://www.consilium.europa.eu/en/...ean-council-art-50-conclusions-21-march-2019/

Meanwhile, May seems to have fallen in line with the ERG, ruling out revoking article 50 and focusing on hard brexit.

The terms of the extension are not drafted for the prime minister’s benefit. They contain a message from the EU direct to the House of Commons. In crude terms: piss or get off the pot. If you want to leave with a deal, vote for the damned deal. If you are foolish enough to leave without a deal, do not blame us. Have a couple more weeks to think about it. But if you want something else, a referendum or a softer Brexit, work it out soon. And then send someone who isn’t May to talk to us about it.
EU leaders cannot say explicitly that they no longer want to deal with the current prime minister. Urging regime change is beyond the pale of normal diplomacy among democratic states. But there is no effort to conceal the frustration in May or the evacuation of confidence in her as a negotiating partner. The one thing everyone in Brussels, Berlin and Paris had most wanted to avoid from an article 50 extension was giving May a licence to carry on behaving as she has done for what feels like an eternity. They could no longer tolerate the hollow shell of a prime minister shuttling back and forth between Tory hardliners demanding fantasy Brexits and Brussels negotiators who trade in realities.
There is a difference between patience with the prime minister and readiness to help her country navigate through its current crisis. There are still stores of goodwill available for Britain in Brussels, but they cannot be unlocked by May.
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/mar/22/eu-mps-theresa-may-finished-brexit

Meanwhile, May seems to have fallen in line with the ERG, ruling out revoking article 50 and focusing on hard brexit.

She pissed off loads of MP's with the TV statement the other day so I wouldn't worry about any new interest in hard brexit. I really hope some sensible people with sensible decisions turn up next week. It probably looks like teh luls from outside the UK but it's fucking nervewrecking to live here atm.

I want to point out that Donald Tusk has said a short extension if May's deal is passed. If it's not passed, no short extension. I don't think I've heard or read that a long extension is impossible if the intentions are other (like general elections or a second referendum).

Now that is an impressive sight. I hope there will be a second referendum, I'd guess it would be almost a landslide victory for staying...