BRexit : Shall UK stay in EU or go now?

If the DUP got their self serving heads out of their own backsides and Labour MPs hadn’t defied the whip we would had clear indications as to acceptable solutions.

Now May gets to propose MV4 and the whole circus slides doŵn the hill towards no deal.

Does Guy Fawkes have any living descendebts?

Crazy thing about the DUP is that NI voted remain.

Guy Verhofstadt

The House of Commons again votes against all options. A hard #Brexit becomes nearly inevitable. On Wednesday, the U.K. has a last chance to break the deadlock or face the abyss.

Gotta love the language sometimes :)

Being against Brexit, I always thought Brexit was going to be a bad thing for Britain. But I never in my wildest dreams would I have imagined it being this bad - before it even happend.
And no, this is not me gloating. I feel for the British People here. This uncertainty and feeling of being in a storm without a captain must be awful.

I reckon the only way the EU will allow a new extension, will be either through forcing a general election or new referendum.

Theresa May offers cross party talks for softer brexit

• May to ask for a second extension, as short as possible
  • Talks with Corbyn to agree a way through
  • or agree set of options.
  • This must keep the existing WA
  • Promises gvt "will abide" by what's agreed by Parliament

Extension

14 against
Williamson, Fox, Mordaunt, Truss, Javid, Grayling, Wright, Leadsom, Hunt, Brokenshire, Evans, Barclay, Cairns, Lewis 10

For
Gauke, Hancock, Hammond, Clark, Hinz, Lidington, Perry, Gove, Rudd, Cox Others "undecided"

Theresa May to ask EU for further extension

Theresa May will ask the EU for an extension to the Brexit deadline to "break the logjam" in Parliament.

The PM says she wants to meet Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn to agree a plan on the future relationship with the EU.
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-47794235

May and Corbyn met for two hours this afternoon to discuss Brexit

Meanwhile...

Votes tied on indicative votes proposal

By 310 votes to 310, the result of the vote on the indicative votes is a tie!
Speaker John Bercow intervenes afterward to say that he will be casting his vote against the amendment - meaning it is defeated.

He says it is not for the chair to "create a majority which does not otherwise exist".
It means MPs will not be able to seize control of the parliamentary timetable on Monday to hold indicative votes on alternatives to the PM's Berxit deal.
https://www.bbc.com/news/live/uk-politics-47772688

Another Minister resigned, about #23.

Possible vote on something this Friday?

So everything is more out of control...

Another Minister resigned

The second reading of Yvette Cooper's bill to prevent a no-deal Brexit is voted through by 315 to 310.

MPs are debating a bill that would require the PM to seek an extension to Article 50

"the way things are going" MPs will not get to third reading tonight (that is complete its House of Commons stage)

https://www.bbc.com/news/live/uk-politics-47772688

As if a tied vote, Parliament legislating against the Government wishes, backbench PMQs ambush, a secret Cabinet pay docking censure motion, unfillable ministerial resignations and extraordinary con-lab talks were not enough...

I am no longer a member of the Conservative Party. So I can be blunt where previously I might have been discreet. The PM’s head of communications Robbie Gibb is a hard Brexiter who wants to destroy the PM’s new search for a cross party compromise.

"Forget the fiction… it's absolute nonsense. It needs to be called out."

Mark Carney says it's a "myth" that the UK could maintain zero tariffs in a Brexit on WTO rules.

brief rundown of the amendments that have been tabled to tonight's bill:
  • 13 & 14 - tabled by Labour's Yvette Cooper: This is a simple re-drafting of parts of the bill
  • 20 - tabled by Tory MP George Eustice: Limits the extension to 30 June
  • 21 - tabled by Tory MP George Eustice: Takes out the requirement for the prime minister to put the EU’s chosen extension date to MPs
  • 22 - tabled by Brexit Secretary Stephen Barclay: Ensures that nothing in this bill rules out the government extending Article 50 in a different way
  • 1 - tabled by Tory MP Anne Main: Limits the government to a 22 May extension
  • 6 - tabled by Tory MP Sir Bill Cash: Ensures the extension is subject to approval by the devolved bodies
  • New Clause 4 - tabled by Tory MP Sir Bill Cash: Prevents amendments to standing orders during these extension motions - standing orders are the rules that govern the proceedings of Parliament
  • New Clause 5 - tabled by Tory MP Sir Bill Cash: Limits an extension to 22 May
  • New Clause 7 - tabled by Tory MP Sir Bill Cash: Ensures that an extension would not result in the UK taking part in elections to the European Parliament
  • New Clause 13 - tabled by Brexit Secretary Stephen Barclay: Amends the EU Withdrawal Act to make it easier to change the exit date in UK law

MPs have voted against amendment 21 which takes out the requirement for the prime minister to put the EU’s chosen extension date to MPs by 313 votes to 304

.@PhilipHammondUK has just told me Brexit delay will inevitably be long, that UK will have to prepare for participation in European elections and cabinet’s hope is UK would be allowed to Brexit earlier if deal passed in coming months.

'Credible case' for a confirmatory referendum, says chancellor

amendment by the former minister George Eustice was just defeated by 304 ayes to 313 noes.

The amendment would have prevented the government from being forced to hold a vote if the European Council proposes an extension date different than that requested by parliament.
https://www.theguardian.com/politic...is-pushing-uk-towards-softer-brexit-live-news

Senior Labour source telling me today's talks did not go as well as initially thought:

'May offered nothing today. Unless tomorrow's talks change the narrative it seems to be a waste of time.'

MPs have voted against the government's amendment 22 by 400 votes to 220.

This amendment would have ensured that nothing in the bill could have limited the power of government to seek an extension in their own way.

amendment tabled by Anne Main has been defeated by 488 votes to 123.

The Conservative MP's amendment would have place a limit on an extension to Article 50.

MPs pass Cooper bill by majority of one

The Cooper bill has passed its third reading with a majority of only one vote, 313:312

.@tom_watson says Labour’s position is still to seek a confirmatory referendum on whatever Brexit deal Corbyn and May cook up. “It’s the only way the country is going to come back together”.

Will May get a 'flextension'?

Will the leak in the House of Commons roof be fixed before Brexit deadline?

Will the UK crash out with a no deal Brexit on the 12th?

They need an extension. If there's anything at all the commons can agree on is that No deal is a fucking bad idea. Since the original extension is quite clearly not enough, and further extensions will mean the UK will have to vote for their European representatives... Time to face the music. Brexit is bollocks, just cancel it.