BRexit : Shall UK stay in EU or go now?

^But was supposed to go quietly out the back door....

It reported that Johnson was unhappy with the characterisation of his partner, Carrie Symonds, in the media. He was “particularly riled by newspaper reports of Symonds being referred to by nicknames including ‘Princess Nut Nuts’ by Cummings loyalists”.
https://www.theguardian.com/politic...boris-johnson-fell-off-cliff-says-ex-minister

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-government-special-adviser-NEIL-TWEEDIE.html

Revealed: The 'reasonable worst case' if EU talks collapse​

1) Flow rates of medicines and medical products "could initially reduce to 60-80% over three months which, if unmitigated, would impact on the supply of medicines and medical products across the UK".
5) There will be "reduced [food] supply availability, especially of certain fresh products" and "supply of some critical dependencies for the food supply chain... could be reduced".
7) "Border delays, tariffs and new regulatory barriers/costs may result in disruption to supply of critical chemicals used in the UK... leading to the disruption of essential services (such as food, energy, water and medicine). Economic factors could result in some chemicals suppliers reducing operations or closing."
10) "Between 40-70% of trucks travelling to the EU might not be ready for new border controls. This could reduce flow across the short channel crossing to 60-80% of normal levels with maximum queues of 7,000 trucks in Kent and delays of two days. The worst disruption would subside within three months".
12) Around one in 20 local authorities are at risk of financial collapse as a result of higher service demand caused by a disruptive EU exit.

https://www.itv.com/news/2020-12-06/the-12-reasonable-worst-case-outcomes-if-brexit-talks-collapse

I guess I should be thinking what products could I ship to the UK from the US to gouge the hell out of them?

With it looking clear that the UK is going to become a third world country how can I take advantage. I read Alastair Campbell on where this is heading...

People should just start publicly murdering your wealthy.

Last edited:
With it looking clear that the UK is going to become a third world country how can I take advantage. I read Alastair Campbell on where this is heading...
No it won't. They will have added taxes on imports and shipping will take a couple of extra days. Of course, that will also depends on whether EU members who do trade deals with them match the UK for whiny bitchiness and just try to fleece the country out of spite. Something that Jack over there advocated for once on this forum, as well as saying that UK business should blame things unrelated to Brexit on Brexit. It is these alarmist statements and appeal to tradition that makes it so difficult to actually even see root causes for anything and pros/cons on any policy that gets even the slightest inkling of media coverage.

I would like to say that the whole process will go fine, but it never ceases to astound me how much can one country fuck up something that should've been a done deal literally over two years ago.

EU members who do trade deals with them
A large part of the problem is that Brexiteers (including the British government) do not understand and/or care how the EU works. There will be no trade deals between individual members and the UK, that’s just wishful thinking.

extraordinarily uncertain moment the UK has arrived at.

Transport head says UK in store for Brexit traffic chaos 'like we have never experienced'​

Despite the hardening position on fisheries, some diplomats and officials on the EU side have said a Brexit deal could be struck by tomorrow.

That is the last point by which any treaty can come into force on 1 January - even provisionally.

The European Parliament said the deadline has long since passed for MEPs to formally ratify an agreement, so any deal would have to be provisionally applied.

Even if they do a deal on Christmas Eve it will take about three months to draft the legal text!

Merry BREXmas?

Spinning a crap deal -