BRexit : Shall UK stay in EU or go now?

UK, EU agree a Brexit trade deal​

The trade deal must now be approved by each of the 27 EU member countries, the European Parliament and the U.K. parliament. Given time is so tight, the EU is expected to let the agreement come into force provisionally on January 1, with the European Parliament then giving its approval retroactively early next year.

The Commission said it "proposes to apply the Agreement on a provisional basis, for a limited period of time until 28 February 2021."

I can't avoid to think that the recent two-days stop on borders was something done to show Boris what could have happened in case of a no-deal.

Germany airlifting food to the UK to ease the difficulties of the British people must have been quite scary to BoJo.

The deal helps future relationships and avoid unnecessary, useless and dangerous resentment.

So, the EU wanted a 14 YEAR transition, UK wanted 3, they compromised on 5 years. Why exactly would you want such a long transition period and would they be able to rejoin the EU should a new vote come up in a few years?

So, the EU wanted a 14 YEAR transition, UK wanted 3, they compromised on 5 years.
If BoJo says it during a press conference, take it with an extra large grain of salt. ;)

So why shouldn’t Northern Ireland adopt the Euro at this point?

So why shouldn’t Northern Ireland adopt the Euro at this point?

I was reading that it's really taken its toll on Unionist

The Unionists have slight majority, and NI is still part of UK.

Good Friday Agreement says :
The agreement reached was that Northern Ireland was part of the United Kingdom, and would remain so until a majority of the people both of Northern Ireland and of the Republic of Ireland wished otherwise.

Should that happen, then the British and Irish governments are under "a binding obligation" to implement that choice.

The combination of Boris Johnson, Covid and Brexit is creating a constitutional crash that is waiting to happen in 2021

The Unionists backed Boris and Brexit. They have been shafted. Also at same time many Unionists politicians' families have applied for Irish passports:

Boris Johnson a ‘lousy unionist’ who has ‘betrayed’ Northern Ireland​

Unionists in the region are angry that Brexit will see new economic borders created down the Irish Sea.​

Brexit: How Northern Ireland is different​

Unionists have also blindly followed the Boris Covid strategy. That's not working either:

Remains to be seen if the Brexit backlash will tilt the balance towards a Border Poll on a United Ireland.

Many issues are beginning to crop up:

Red tape now a good thing?

BoJo' s Dad applies for French passport:

Dutch officials confiscate UK lorry driver's ham sandwich, declaring: 'Welcome to Brexit'​

BREXITEER Ben Habib has hit out at Dutch border officials after they mocked a British lorry driver and confiscated his lunch.​

Johnson promised tariff-free trade – so why is Brexit reality so different?​

Retailers may still have to pay duty on some goods, while paperwork is putting some firms off

Firms halt deliveries from UK to EU over Brexit border problems​

To all businesses in GB and Northern Ireland, we urge you take up
@BorisJohnson
on his offer: ‘If somebody asks you (to fill in a form) you tell them to phone the Prime Minister..’

5CC3927D-5583-4F75-84BD-8075184A8E19.jpeg

Welcome to Brexit Britain. This is the immigration queue for UK, EEA, US and a few other countries’ citizens at Heathrow Terminal 2. There are as many rows of people behind me as there are in front of me, there are maybe four officers working and the e-gates are blocked. Because long waits of large groups in poorly ventilated areas are exactly what we need right now.

Bloody incompetent clowns.

View attachment 3559961

Welcome to Brexit Britain. This is the immigration queue for UK, EEA, US and a few other countries’ citizens at Heathrow Terminal 2. There are as many rows of people behind me as there are in front of me, there are maybe four officers working and the e-gates are blocked. Because long waits of large groups in poorly ventilated areas are exactly what we need right now.

This reminds me of what it's like when I return back from Ringmeet in O'Hare terminal 5. Fucking clustered chaos of bureaucratic bullshit.

This reminds me of what it's like when I return back from Ringmeet in O'Hare terminal 5. Fucking clustered chaos of bureaucratic bullshit.
Well, the US offers alternatives for people who cross its borders frequently. For instance, the Global Entry kiosks in that very terminal are in normal operation and crossing that particular border took me about two minutes last week.

At Heathrow, the alternative (the e-gates) is out of use, the checkpoints are severely understaffed and the process for each passenger takes a while.

They did eventually take two other couriers and myself to the front of the line, but only after we had asked several times and had finally convinced someone to give a damn.

Seems like the entire logistics industry is facing similar experiences, to put it delicately. The trade deal was done at the eleventh hour (because BoJo saw what happened when France closed its borders) and no one on the UK side had any idea that it might take a while to compile and relay all the information that’s needed to implement it. I suppose that’s to be expected when the only requirement for a Tory MP and/or minister is that they’re anti-EU.

So many things cropping up, like a 25% tariff on steel shipped inside UK to Northern Ireland.

'Brexit carnage': shellfish trucks protest in London over export delays​

Irish freight sailing past UK -

Ireland – France options further increase after Stena Line Dublin addition​

Well, the US offers alternatives for people who cross its borders frequently. For instance, the Global Entry kiosks in that very terminal are in normal operation and crossing that particular border took me about two minutes last week.

At Heathrow, the alternative (the e-gates) is out of use, the checkpoints are severely understaffed and the process for each passenger takes a while.

They did eventually take two other couriers and myself to the front of the line, but only after we had asked several times and had finally convinced someone to give a damn.

Seems like the entire logistics industry is facing similar experiences, to put it delicately. The trade deal was done at the eleventh hour (because BoJo saw what happened when France closed its borders) and no one on the UK side had any idea that it might take a while to compile and relay all the information that’s needed to implement it. I suppose that’s to be expected when the only requirement for a Tory MP and/or minister is that they’re anti-EU.
Sure, global entry. I should get that.

If they gave two shits, they would have used the entire year to get it figured out, but nooo.

Sound advice!

Move to EU to avoid Brexit costs, firms told​

Exporters advised by Department for International Trade officials to form EU-based companies to circumvent border issues

A shipment of starch that we buy from a factory in England is now delayed almost 3 weeks, should arrive on wednesday..

View attachment 3559961

Now quarantine hotels? Really? The government really doesnt don't yield to the amount of stupid shit they do. I temporarily leave to escape the worst of Brexit and then I may arrive to this shit? FUCK. T.H.E.M. So. Hard.