Bridgestone tests new tyre markings

FireFox

Not the Browser
Car(s)
Ford Fiesta (2008), sold Toyota Carina II.
070327_65960_Bridgestone.jpg

070327_65960_Bridgestone%202.jpg

41788_2.jpg

Bridgestone has tested two new styles of tyre markings on the first day of testing at Sepang on Tuesday.

Leading figures in the paddock went on record over the Australian Grand Prix weekend to call on Formula 1?s sole tyre supplier to make the soft ?option? tyre more visually distinguishable from the harder compound ? after the intial 3cm diameter white spot on the sidewall proved unsuccessful.

Much better that the 3cm white spot :)

Yeah, how can it be so hard to make something like that.. It's rather simple really.

Looks to be a big improvement - though the fact this didn't occur to them in the first place, and they have to actually test this says a lot about F1...

it looks stupid...but then, its for an utterly stupid rule in a completely idiotic race series.

Why do soft tires have to be marked?

I think it is for the fan would know about the teams strategy about using soft or hard tyres.

I like the marked groove.

I think this is a temporary solution until Spain, because making full wall coloured tyres will need time to do.

the only thing i'm following a bit is WTCC.

:lol: World Touring Car Championship haha. 9 European Countries, 1 South American and 1 Asian country. Hardly the World is it!!

F1 hahaha

taking off, and hoping someone crashes orl goes in the pits so you can move up a position

hardly racing, is it?

:lol: World Touring Car Championship haha. 9 European Countries, 1 South American and 1 Asian country. Hardly the World is it!!
at least its still a racing series and not a money making machine.

I think this is a temporary solution until Spain, because making full wall coloured tyres will need time to do.

I'm sure it will be a long while before they do that, just cause Bernie doesn't want to be like champ car. (although its probably the best solution)

121730_bri.jpg