• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

Bridging networks

jensked

Ok, here's the deal:

I've got a ADSL router/modem with 4 pc's. But I don't use that to torrent, because it sucks at it. I use an USB ADSL Modem for that, when there's no one else at home.

But I wanna try and bridge the ADSL connection with the network connection to the router. (I hope that way I can always use the USB Modem and other pc's can go on the internet through that network bridge.)

But the problem is: windows doesn't let me bridge them. You can see from the screenshot my ADSL connection is 'dial up' and is not under 'high speed internet'. Strange, because it's 4.6 mbit. Is there a way to get it under 'high speed internet'? Or another way to route the internet from the USB modem to the other 3 computers through the router?

http://img455.imageshack.**/img455/261/network6fy.jpg

bridging networks is to combine networks that are on different domains/subnetmasks or sth

has nothing to do with internet connection IIRC

i think sharing internet connection is what you should be looking for

bone said:
bridging networks is to combine networks that are on different domains/subnetmasks or sth

has nothing to do with internet connection IIRC

i think sharing internet connection is what you should be looking for
true true