"Bring Back MST3k" Kickstarter, so far 3 new episodes will be made!

NecroJoe

Stool Chef
Car(s)
2015 Mazda 3 S GT, 2015 VW e-Golf
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mst3k/bringbackmst3k

About 2 weeks ago, Joel, the creator of MST3K, started a kickstarter campaign to bring back the show.

So far they have raised over $3million, which means we are guaranteed 3 new episodes, and they are only $300,000 away from doing 3 more...their ultimate goal is $5.5 million and TWELVE new episodes...but there is less that 2 weeks left!

While all of the old cast and team has been invited to participate behind the scenes or in cameos, they are for sure going with a new cast; Tom Servo and Crow T Robot will be returning (with new voices...not the first time that's happened, remember) along with some new bots.

I have to say, this has been a very well put-together campaign, and Joel's updates and videos have been entertaining and informative.

I am super excited about this, and hope others here might also be so that they can at least get to $3.3 million for 6 new episodes, or even better, their ultimate goal of 12 new episodes.

The new captive/host is comedian Jonah Ray (Comedy Central, Rotten Tomatoes TV show, and Nerdist podcast), and the new "Mad" is Felicia Day (from The Guild, Supernatural, Eureka and Buffy the Vampire Slayer), who is playing Kinga Forrester (daughter of Dr. Clayton Forrester).

Anywho...give, if you want to see more MST3K! They already passed the mark for 3 episodes, so we get at least that many...but we want more More MORE! :)

caabcf22963708b575b98210022b0e02_zpst2dgafxz.jpg

Last edited:
Rumors/guesses of the 2nd Mad's identity include Will Wheaton and Patton Oswald. I would LOVE it if either were involved, or better yet: John Hodgeman or Paul F. Tompkins (both whom haves worked alongside RiffTrax, a spinoff of MST3K's later-half cast)...but they all seem unlikely, as I feel like any of them would have been announced already to maximize contributions...

Patton Oswald is officially on-board as the new Mad, perhaps Son of Frank or possibly a clone.

Capture_zpsbzgqs8rm.jpg

70% funded, only one week to go!

They have passed the 6-episode waypoint, and are about 2/3 of the way to the 9 episode mile marker. (The gauge is a little odd, but the green is where the kickstarter funding is, and the purple is additional funds raised through MST3K.com but can't be reflected in the Kickstarter total...about $150,000 worth).

Capture_zpschvxqved.jpg