Britcar - TG vs 5G

Britcar - TG vs 5G

• Total voters
remember the one of the actual tg presenters with a racing license was actually the slowest? jc, then may, then hamster. funny and quite unexpected really. being faster despite being bigger and surely heavier.
anyway, i'd agree fg would win, for the above mentioned reasons. 3 race drivers vs the stig and clarkson. hardly equal chances. if, on the other hand, they would have jason potatoe, vicky, tom ford, and johnny smith (or wotshisname) vs stig, jezza, cpts slow and hamster i wouldn't bet on fg winning...

they should absolutely do this sort of competition in a show!!!

^ Faith has nothing to do with it - FG has a much better, much more experienced driver line-up.

Yes, common sense and logic does suggest that Fifth Gear will win such a competition without raising a sweat - easily beating Top Gear - however, my loyalty towards Top Gear retains me from voting anything other than itself. :p

remember the one of the actual tg presenters with a racing license was actually the slowest? jc, then may, then hamster. funny and quite unexpected really. being faster despite being bigger and surely heavier.

Yea, it would seem despite the statements to the contrary, the hamster isnt a very good driver. Lets look at the evidence.

Porsche Vs Audi: Spin off

Jet car: Crash (Not really his fault)

Bowler vs Kayak: Crashed

Britcar: Slowest, AND crashed.

Very nice guy, fantastic presenter, I have infinite respect for him. But not exactly a driving god.

Last edited:
Neither, BestMotoring would cap all their asses, and then cause a really annoying pop sensation resulting in everybody screaming "DORI! DORI! dR1ft000oo0zero00"

Keiichi Tsuchiya vs. Plato/Clarkson/Tiff for who can get the biggest drift during the race...now THAT would be something to watch :D

Fifth Gear would win. Easily.

But i too just watched Fifth Gears Britcar feature today.. And i just couldn't help thinking about how much better Top Gear really is. Fifth Gear made Britcar almost boring.. Way too factual, just telling how it went all the time.. You don't get a sense about how it was at all. In Top Gear you could feel the pressure, you could see just how exhausting it was for the three of them. And how difficult it was to drive at some times.. I didn't get any of that in Fifth Gear.

Well its all going to come down to the fact the Fifth Gear has two Racing Drivers (Tiff and Vicky). Top Gear only has The Stig, but it would be worth watching.

Gib

Top Gear would win because they have Technology Centre! :p

As much as it pains me to say it, it seems everyone agrees with me in that 5th Gear has two professional racing drivers (and VBH isn't bad), while TG has one, albeit amazing, and 3 pretty good drivers. But if 5th gear needs a fourth person then they've sort of run out of choices. But with everything that can happen when racing for 24 hours either could win, TG did show that they weren't completely incapable although not as impressive as 5th gear.

FG would be the stronger team, but TG would win becuase they'd cheat :D

hehehe... Nice topic

To answer this topic with a simple answer: Top gear would probably loose.
The reason is simple, the are a bounch of clots..!

James may is a clot, a funny one though :p and would never win a race whatsoever. Clarkson would probably break his car before the first lap and hamster would try to rescue him. Tam tam tam taaaa, the stig enters the racing grid and they would catch up, but probably loose...

Fifth gear has less wiers (spelt right?) and therefor less money to play with, top gear however has more cash (as mentioned) but has only one propper driver...

I HATE fifth gear, it is rubbish booooooring and far to serious for an ENTERTAINMENT SHOW...

SOrry for poor english, its late and im from norway :p

As much as it pains me to say it, it seems everyone agrees with me in that 5th Gear has two professional racing drivers (and VBH isn't bad), while TG has one, albeit amazing, and 3 pretty good drivers. But if 5th gear needs a fourth person then they've sort of run out of choices. But with everything that can happen when racing for 24 hours either could win, TG did show that they weren't completely incapable although not as impressive as 5th gear.

3 actually... Jason Plato almost won the BTCC this year, remember?

Hi there does anyone know what sort of laptimes the Honda Euro-R did with fifth gear?

We know the stig did a 2:16 in qualifying and in the race so is safe to say thats pretty much as fast as the car will go. The honda used in the bricar race by fifth gear has got 220ps if unmodified, compared to 204bhp in the bmw, hence I think laptimes should not be too far apart?

By some sort of ridiculous miracle, if TG and 5G didn't know that they were participating in the same race, then I would have to place my bets on 5G with respect to their 3 racers VS 1 (albeit super) Stig.

However, since that miracle would never happen, I don't think TG would allow themselves to lose to 5G. Captain Slow wasn't all that slow at the Britcar, and he wouldn't be forgetting his fast lap this time. Hamster would have learned the track a bit more, etc. etc. Add that with the Power of Stig, and we have TG FTW. ;)

(This post bleeds of bias)

Last edited:
I wouldn't count off Top Gear that easily. The Stig is an incredible driver, and seeing this BritCar Jeremy is also a very strong driver. Captain Slow is...slow but still manages to drive around the track. Oddly, Hammond, the one with the racing driver license is the weak part in the equation. But I think that The Stig and Jeremy (if he gets serious and grows up for at least 24 hours) can kick the crap out of Plato and Tiff.
...and as someone suggested that Top Gear will cheat. Maybe they can draft in Sabine Schmidtz. ;)