British Airways Worker Suspended for Wearing a Cross

Goose+

("Fox News")
BRITISH Airways has suspended a Christian woman who wears a necklace with a crucifix to work, even though it allows Muslims and Sikhs to wear headscarves and turbans, a newspaper reported overnight.
A note, it was a cross not a crucifix. The difference is that a crucifix has Jesus on it, a cross does not.

BA allows Muslim workers to wear turbans and have scheduled prayer times, yet this woman can't wear a cross?

I think this is actually quite unfair.

Link to article: http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117,20588294-401,00.html?from=rss

This seems strange to me as a lot of people wear crosses, even people who are not into Christianity all that much wear them as a fashion item.

I think the supervisor overreacted (Had a bad day) and the woman should be rehired with some form of compensation.

Im all for wearing some symbols of your faith if it makes you happy, even prayer times are fine by me as long as people are working.

Maybe it looked liked this:

2%20Pac%20Cross%20-%2002.gif

To be fair... don't you think that when Jesus retuns, the last thing he'll want to see is a cross?

py2e, or this:
nazi_honour_cross.jpg

To be fair... don't you think that when Jesus retuns, the last thing he'll want to see is a cross?

py2e, or this:
nazi_honour_cross.jpg

The cross is a symbol of Jesus' sacrifice. I wouldn't know if He wants to see it or not, but some people wear it to acknowledge His act of sacrifice.

Nazi cross: 1uped! Even more offensive! :thumbsup:

The cross is a symbol of Jesus' sacrifice. I wouldn't know if He wants to see it or not, but some people wear it to acknowledge His act of sacrifice.

Yeah I know, I heard a comedian say that a while ago and burst out laughing. It was just a funny way to look at it.

when you really think about it, that's like wearing an electric chair or noose pendant.

of course the actual cross he was crucified on didn't look like that, but whatevers...

I think a crucifix is depressing and sadistic - and this is coming from a Christian. Our church focuses on the resurrection and not on the symbol of His death.

Our church focuses on the resurrection and not on the symbol of His death.

That's right. The New Testament actually discourages the wearing of jewelry anyway.

There are a lot of things that it discourages that people still do, and there are a lot of things that it doesn't talk about that people discourage.

There are a lot of things that it discourages that people still do, and there are a lot of things that it doesn't talk about that people discourage.

Yes, this is true. Not too many perfect people running around these days :)

I think a crucifix is depressing and sadistic - and this is coming from a Christian. Our church focuses on the resurrection and not on the symbol of His death.