British auto journos declare Nissan GT-R dogs bollocks

That's great if you drag, but the GT-R is still faster around the Nurburgring than the Z06.

Though those times were run on slicks...

Sounds fun, not too keen on the looks. Guess we'll see when it comes out. Though I'm a bit worried about the rich ricers getting ahold of these things. Be afraid, be very afraid.

Though those times were run on slicks...

Sounds fun, not too keen on the looks. Guess we'll see when it comes out. Though I'm a bit worried about the rich ricers getting ahold of these things. Be afraid, be very afraid.

Were they really run on slicks? I had a sneaking suspicion that they were. I'm also fairly certain that the Z06 ran the 'ring on those run-flats.

EDIT: just read that nissan claims they were using the same tires that are to be used on the production model.

Last edited:
Were they really run on slicks? I had a sneaking suspicion that they were. I'm also fairly certain that the Z06 ran the 'ring on those run-flats.

I meant that the GT-R's time was run on slicks. The Z/06 was run on its stock tires.

Really? And the Corvette had street tires? Where can I find out this kind of information?

The following was posted in another thread:
http://www.pistonheads.com/news/default.asp?storyId=17066

Basically the Nissan guys admitted to using slicks. Don't know if there is any literature about the Z/06's tires, but it is pretty well known it was running on those run flats, and I'm pretty sure more than just GM have taken the Z/06 to the ring, so its times should be easy to find, if you're interested.

Last edited:
That's great if you drag, but the GT-R is still faster around the Nurburgring than the Z06.

The Nurburgring. What about the real world? What about Road America, Silverstone, Laguna Seca, Thunderhill, and Buttonwillow. I want to see what this car can do against the PROVEN Z06, with real world drivers. I personally think its all hype.

The Nurburgring. What about the real world? What about Road America, Silverstone, Laguna Seca, Thunderhill, and Buttonwillow. I want to see what this car can do against the PROVEN Z06, with real world drivers. I personally think its all hype.

The 'ring is one of the best benchmarks for how well a car performs, in general.

Either way, they cost exactly the same (the GTR might be a grand less or something). Their 0-60mph times are pretty much identical, and there is no word on a comparison between the two in terms of handling. In my opinion, that makes for some good competition. I wouldn't choose one over the other just based on numbers.

Yeah, I don't understand why the GT-R has to fail according to some Corvette lovers. If it is successful, it will force GM to make the Corvette better, and perhaps lower the price a bit. There's nothing like a healthy competition between manufacturers, especially when it can only benefit the consumer.

Chevy? making Corvette "better"? their idea of better is 150bhp more and do nothing to suspension while using even cheaper glue for the body panels etc to save weight. :lol: :rolleyes: which leads to unwanted cabriolet conversions.. :p

Chevy? making Corvette "better"? their idea of better is 150bhp more and do nothing to suspension while using even cheaper glue for the body panels etc to save weight. :lol: :rolleyes: which leads to unwanted cabriolet conversions.. :p

The scary part is, ladies and gentlemen, is that he might actually be SERIOUS. :blink::rolleyes:

The scary part is, ladies and gentlemen, is that he might actually be SERIOUS. :blink::rolleyes:

Wouldn't surprise me.

I think the GT-R would be good competition for the Z06. But they make their speed in very very different ways. Don't flame me, but the Z06 probably has a much much better chassis. The GT-R needs to use AWD, automatic trans, plus a vast array of electronic nannies to make it fast around a track.

Are you really that stupid? Or is it that you are so easily swayed by the ignorant opinions of others. Why dont you do some research before posting your useless dribble.

Ah i just looked at the title again, and this thread is just about the GT-R, so I wont post anymore in here, sorry for getting so off-topic

Last edited:
Shouldn't we wait until it is properly tested AND compared to cars of the same class before reaching conclusions?
Even still, there is still room for personal taste (or at least should be).

Shouldn't we wait until it is properly tested AND compared to cars of the same class before reaching conclusions?
Even still, there is still room for personal taste (or at least should be).

No, that would make too much sense. :lol:

The GTR that ran the 'ring was a pre-production version, so I won't pass judgement on performance until the showroom car has done it. Or until I drive the thing.

I am eagerly awaiting its release, however.

I think the car isn't a looker as such but it makes other cars look a little plain (but is miles ahead in looks compared to the boxy r34).
As for its performance, I have no doubts that it is quick, I just can't believe anything Nissan say.
As for GTR vs Z06, I'd have to go GTR.

Are you really that stupid? Or is it that you are so easily swayed by the ignorant opinions of others. Why dont you do some research before posting your useless dribble.

Ah i just looked at the title again, and this thread is just about the GT-R, so I wont post anymore in here, sorry for getting so off-topic

sorry if I happen to blurt out the obvious flaws your idol car has. or can you deny the fact that the roof was blown off from several Z06's around 60ish after the glue had given in? or that in some cars, rocker arms had failed due the lack of lubrication? I've picked these things up from corvetteforums, from their owners, and if you claim that they lie, you're more typical fanboy than I thought.:lol:

sorry if I happen to blurt out the obvious flaws your idol car has. or can you deny the fact that the roof was blown off from several Z06's around 60ish after the glue had given in? or that in some cars, rocker arms had failed due the lack of lubrication? I've picked these things up from corvetteforums, from their owners, and if you claim that they lie, you're more typical fanboy than I thought.:lol:

Rocker arm failure? That's the first I've heard of that. Got any links?

I've heard of breaking rocker arms before, but I never heard about any specific flaws with the Z06's system.

The roof thing only occurred with a few cars and they were all black. For some reason there was a chemical reaction with the adhesive and the black paint. That problem has long since been fixed.