British auto journos declare Nissan GT-R dogs bollocks

I've picked these things up from corvetteforums, from their owners, and if you claim that they lie, you're more typical fanboy than I thought.:lol:
You're such a hypocrite. I recognize your username from gtplanet.net:

https://pic.armedcats.net/2007/12/02/ghvffdsf.jpg

I know people who've had the rocker arm issue. One in particular that ended up paying for his whole motor -- but that was because they took one look at the 8 point roll cage and said "sayonara, warranty" (and realistically, he was racing it in SCCA T1 and other series, so they had a point, although it was a defect).

I've not heard of the roof coming off, though.

The GT-R seems so needlessly ugly, though.The rear of the car seems so awkward.

I'm still struggling to come to terms with the fact that it weighs within 300 pounds of my Chrysler 300, though.

Steve

gt-r_brit_drive_450-op.jpg
I didn't like the concept's front end, but at least it didn't remind me of the last Celica. It's just ugly, there's no other way for me to describe it.

Steve Levin said:
I'm still struggling to come to terms with the fact that it weighs within 300 pounds of my Chrysler 300, though.
What's the GTR weigh? 3,800lbs? I guess that's what a pair of turbos, AWD, auto trans, and a bunch of electric gizmos gets you.

tigger said:
What's the GTR weigh? 3,800lbs? I guess that's what a pair of turbos, AWD, auto trans, and a bunch of electric gizmos gets you.
3858 lbs curb weight. It's an ugly, overhyped, overpriced (If someone in the US is able to purchase one for the claimed $70k, I'll shave the GTR logo into my hair and post pictures) pig laden with useless technology and an engine that Nissan admit is not very tuneable.

Can you tell I'm not a fan of the new GTR? :p

I didn't like the concept's front end, but at least it didn't remind me of the last Celica. It's just ugly, there's no other way for me to describe it.

The gizmos on the GTR really isn't all that special, those parameters are already found on the ECU of most cars, especially super cars. Connecting the ECU to the display unit shouldn't have resulted in its porky weight. Its therefore not the flashy technology but the use non exotic steel. For a supposed exotic super car, this GTR certainly doesn't feel like or use supercar materials.

The gizmos on the GTR really isn't all that special, those parameters are already found on the ECU of most cars, especially super cars. Connecting the ECU to the display unit shouldn't have resulted in its porky weight. Its therefore not the flashy technology but the use non exotic steel. For a supposed exotic super car, this GTR certainly doesn't feel like or use supercar materials.

Which is why is doesn't cost supercar money. Duh.

sorry if I happen to blurt out the obvious flaws your idol car has. or can you deny the fact that the roof was blown off from several Z06's around 60ish after the glue had given in? or that in some cars, rocker arms had failed due the lack of lubrication? I've picked these things up from corvetteforums, from their owners, and if you claim that they lie, you're more typical fanboy than I thought.:lol:

Don't forget about GM using the same brake rotors on the left as they do on the right of the car... even though they are directional!

And the GT-R's of the past have problems of brakes catching fire (R32), poor oiling systems (any rb26), poor cylinder head cooling (any rb26), weak turbos (ceramic turbos FTL), faulty AFM, and just as bad as the rest... only available in RHD. Oh and if you like modding them... say good-bye to the bottom end anywhere near 500hp.

Being a Nissan does not make it immune from having problems. In fact, Nissan's of recent history have been more problematic than those of the past (which had a reputation only slightly above Mitsubishi in reliability).

No one on here ever claimed the Corvette is the best built car on the planet and is unbeatable in every way, shape, or form. I know I sure as hell didn't.

Stop being a troll and learn to be a decent member of the forum, or piss off.

Last edited:
Chevy? making Corvette "better"? their idea of better is 150bhp more and do nothing to suspension while using even cheaper glue for the body panels etc to save weight. :lol: :rolleyes: which leads to unwanted cabriolet conversions.. :p

Actually GM has continued to fix problems with the car and haven't even been bothered to make lots of press noise about it. The two main things they have improved is the twitchyness, which they fixed by adjusting the rear shocks attributes, and the best improvement by far is that as of lat 2007 they finally cracked the issues of steering communication, and for the first time really in any big and powerful American car the steering has tactile feedback.

With those things sorted the C6 Z06 still looks marginally better then the GT-R sounds 100x better, probably gets better fuel economy (28+mpg highway) and is almost definitely much less a headache to both work on and modify.

A year ago i wasn't a big fan of they Z06, but once GM admitted its faults and fixed both the twitchyness of the handling and the feedback through the helm i realized i actually already rather liked all the other little things about the car, so if you must feel free to call me names thats fine, i'm a fanboy now.

I think the main reason i prefer the Z06 beyond just the little things, is that it seems to have been built with a hint of a neanderthal love affair, whereas the GT-R is just a bunch of dorky japanese defending their pride and honor because their parents beat them when they were little, and they lost WWII. If i wanted something Japanese and soullful i would run, not walk, away from the Nissan and get either a up-scale Honda, any current Mazda besides the 3, or a Toyota built before the 1990s

Last edited:
sorry if I happen to blurt out the obvious flaws your idol car has. or can you deny the fact that the roof was blown off from several Z06's around 60ish after the glue had given in? or that in some cars, rocker arms had failed due the lack of lubrication? I've picked these things up from corvetteforums, from their owners, and if you claim that they lie, you're more typical fanboy than I thought.:lol:

Hey I'm a ford fan. I'll take a GT way before either one of these cars. I'm just saying I'm very skeptical of the GT-R.

Either way, its America's best vs Japan's best. Where is Finland's supercar?

Last edited:
I think the more pictures I see of it the uglier I think it is.
One thing is for sure,
GTR= 18yr old boys looking at ya.
Vette= 18yr old girls looking at ya.
Of course nobody buys there cars to look cool, or impress anyone :rolleyes: lol

With those things sorted the C6 Z06 still looks marginally better then the GT-R sounds 100x better, probably gets better fuel economy (28+mpg highway) and is almost definitely much less a headache to both work on and modify.

A Z06 will do better than 30mpg :D

EDIT: Completely misread your post!

The funniest thing about this whole argument is that everyone is carefully pitting these two cars against each other, when each of them can outrun cars that cost 2 or 3 times as much.

Hardly the best looking car, but what it lacks in "OMFG you hot, let's sex" quality it makes up for with amazing capabilities.

Yeah I hate that, I only like the cars I want to have sex with.

You know...I wish I'd thought to say that. Brilliant! :)

Steve

Allow to enlighten you on what those girls are thinking:

"Dear lord, somebody's compensating for something."

I think the more pictures I see of it the uglier I think it is.
One thing is for sure,
GTR= 18yr old boys looking at ya.
Vette= 18yr old girls looking at ya.
Of course nobody buys there cars to look cool, or impress anyone :rolleyes: lol

Old rich guys with plenty of $$$$ would also be looking at ya ;););)

A group of local 6speedonliners rented MIR today for a little get together to take advantage of this awesome weather and several guys ran the best ever runs as the track was like Fly Paper and the Air Conditioning was on high!(40 degrees). My goal when I went out today was to try and beat the Pure stock stock tire record which I was able to do! I usually take a couple of cars and I felt it was hampering my driving one to perfection so I only took the Z06 so I could really drive it to its fullest! My Second pass of the day was a 11.08 at 128 followed in order with a 11.11 at 128, 11.02 at 129 and a 10.98 at 129 on the Factory issued Fun Flat tires. I believe this is the first ever 10 sec. run with a bone stock car on the bone stock tires? As the track was hooking so hard I was hesitant to try my drag radials as I was having no issues with traction, (just my technique) but I was actually hot lapping the car to get a feel for my leaves as it was so cold engine temp was not an issue. After I got the (Stock Tire) timeslip validated with a signature from the MIR track owner I put on my drag radials and tried for my best time! Initally I wasn't running any better than with the stock tires because the DR's were cold, but once they came up to temperature they started to make a difference as I was able to run a 10.96 at 130, a 10.92 at 129 and finally a 10.83 at 130 mph! which I believe was caught on video and will posted tonight on UTube. If some one would help me post my time slips I would appreciate it so I can move from 3rd place on the fast list to the top!
thanks

A bone stock on stock tires C6 Z06 has just run:

11.08 @ 128

11.11 @ 128,

11.02 @ 129

10.98 @ 129

All on the Factory issued Run Flat tires.

And then on drag radials only:

10.96 @ 130,

10.92 @ 129

finally a 10.83 @ 130 mph!

Jamie_Furman.1098_1.jpg

Jamie_Furman.1083_1.jpg

2 New Z06 Records in 1/4 mile! - Corvette Forum

Man, this is the type of thread that keeps reminding me of why I stopped going to Supercars.net years ago.

oh mah god!!!111 Zo6 R teh pwn!! FUck you GtR fanbois! That engine is so small, it can't possibly be anygood!

Yes....let's compare the Z06 to every goddamn car in the world (not that it's not a good car).

Supercarmember#110394: Hey look, new pics of what the next F1 cars will be like.

Z06fanboy#792948204: U nub. Zo6 would so smoke that shit. On stock radials. In the wet. GTFO!

GTRfanboy#109980941982: Dood, i can so totally stick 5 turbos on my rb26 and pump the boost up to 5psi!! 2000hp!!!

Seriously, we all know who the fanboys are, so how bout you talk about something new, or gtfo.

What a flaming fanboy sack of crap this thread is tbh.

Id rather have an R8 over both. Or a older tuned Skyline.

In all seriousness, give the GT-R a chance and see what it can do. Its a completely different car than the Z06 anyway...

Can you honestly say you're surprised? The only thing missing from this thread is someone blabbering on about leaf springs, pushrods, and hp/liter.

https://pic.armedcats.net/2007/12/03/leaf.jpg

https://pic.armedcats.net/2007/12/03/springs.jpg

https://pic.armedcats.net/2007/12/03/push.jpg

https://pic.armedcats.net/2007/12/03/rods.jpg

This thread is now complete :D