British auto journos declare Nissan GT-R dogs bollocks

20070515-fat-lady-sings.jpg

Alright, now the thread is over.

they peaked with thr R33 in the looks, but this thing will be a blinder on the track! i bet that car has more computing power than god!

The fat lady ain't got shit on the Hoff.

that isn't a fat lady....

but if you want The Hoff to end this thread, you got it......
[YOUTUBE]pgX-hiQdfFw[/YOUTUBE]
this calls for a new phrase....

It ain't over till The Hoff sings!:lol:

Something I never understood about that video is KITT is RHD in that... I thought he was big in Germany not in the UK?

/I never thought I'd be discussing the finer points of anything related to Hasselhoff

that isn't a fat lady....

When they are that fat, I don't give a damn. I don't look close enough to check... or care.

Hardly the best looking car, but what it lacks in "OMFG you hot, let's sex" quality it makes up for with amazing capabilities.

:lol:, agreed, love the quote btw.

Here's a few quotes from the latest TG magazine. Incredibly it seems to live up to the hype.

"You can turn all the systems off if you so choose, and it's still supremely well balanced."
"But driving these two cars back-to-back (911 Turbo & GT-R), it's not long before you realise the Nissan makes it seem old-fashioned. The GT-R's balance and body control is extraordinary through faster, bumpy bends that will have the 911 unsettled enough to have the driver lose confidence"
"I had a number of heart-in-mouth moments in the Turbo trying to keep up with the GT-R ... It (911) still seems soft, and there's a bouncy lack of balance in the way the suspension controls the body ... By contrast, I never felt anything but natural solidity in the Nissan, adjustable and fluid."
"For all-round ability, I have no doubt the Nissan is the best car I've ever driven."
"This car has no competitors. Not at any price"

I know people who've had the rocker arm issue. One in particular that ended up paying for his whole motor -- but that was because they took one look at the 8 point roll cage and said "sayonara, warranty" (and realistically, he was racing it in SCCA T1 and other series, so they had a point, although it was a defect).

I've not heard of the roof coming off, though.

The GT-R seems so needlessly ugly, though.The rear of the car seems so awkward.

I'm still struggling to come to terms with the fact that it weighs within 300 pounds of my Chrysler 300, though.

Steve
For a comparison, Audi R8 weighs nearly the same as the GTR.

There's an eighteen month wait for these in Australia. So, before Nissan actually deliver, the "doof-doof" brigade will have cross-imported second-hand thrashed ones from Japan.
All we will then see is GT-Rs with oversized tyres and gigantic exhuasts being flogged down urban streets by some wax-haired son of a grocer playing house-techno at 100dB.
The market will die a natural death here, even before there is one.

I did not know 3440lbs was equal to 3800... learn something new every day.

I confused the gross weight, which Audi themselves say is 1860 kg = 4092 lb, with the curb weight. Though in my defense, weak though it is, I read in a magazine that the US spec R8 weighed a bit more than the overseas model.

I confused the gross weight, which Audi themselves say is 1860 kg = 4092 lb, with the curb weight. Though in my defense, weak though it is, I read in a magazine that the US spec R8 weighed a bit more than the overseas model.

Should have just said "I meant the RS4" :mrgreen::lol:

That is true. I've seen several weights listed for the car, I think the US one is right around 3600-3700lbs, though I can't verify that.

I'm seeing way more 3450s then anything else, as well it seems C&D has confirmed this a number of times.

Argh.......its growing on me.

i think it looks totally hot. honestly i barely see the comparisons to the 350Z in that it is a 2 door coupe other than that i think it looks pretty damn original while still keeping some very skyline aspects like the tail lights. i will be very interested to see what EVO magazine has to say about it

I will admit, it looks so much better in red. Heres the thing though; it has no soul. If you look at the lines, and not the trademark grill/headlight arrangement, it could be any German or Japanese coupe. It has all the slight bends and kinked bodywork (like the creases on the tops of the fenders followed by sweeping curves) that has been popular for a getting on a decade now. But that style is just getting old, and I think this car might actually outlive the popularity of that particular design style. When its not new and hip, this car has nothing, IMO