British food question - what is Lancashire Hot Pot?

edkwon

Forum Addict
Car(s)
2020 Kia Telluride, Tesla Model Y
does that bear any similarity to Chinese hot pot or japanese shabu shabu cuisine?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lancashire_Hotpot

Lancashire hotpot is a culinary dish consisting essentially of meat, onion and potatoes left to bake in the oven all day in a heavy pot and on a low heat. Originating in the days of heavy industrialisation in Lancashire in the north west of England, it requires a minimum of effort to prepare. It is sometimes served at parties in England, because it is easy to prepare for a large number of people and is relatively inexpensive.

I've been meaning to ask this and I guess now is as good a time as any: Where do you live edkwon? I have no clue what continent you're from.

he's from LA I think...probably from the west coast if not.

he's from LA I think...probably from the west coast if not.

actually thats not true, im of asian descent, grew up in korea, then in detroit, lived on the east coast for several years, and only been living on the west coast recently

Ah, thanks for clearing that up.

Sounds the same as a crock pot to me.

yeah it sounds like the kind of dish you can make in a crock pot.

Anyone who isnt familiar with the dish of Chinese style Hot pot

it involves all the ppl at the table around an open bowl of boiling water where they add vegetables, and various meats to the water and lets them cook, and promptly take them out to eat on their own plates. also the boiling water is surrounded by a hot plate grill so you can cook your food that way too. Since the cooking water is communal, the various flavors mix and double dipping is frowned upon.