No 56k: British Grand Prix 2009....

WirelessMonkey

Car(s)
MK1 Golf Driver
I pretty much stuck my D40 on auto and did some point and shoot. You can go ahead and ignore the track action from today as my 18-55mm kit lens isnt up to this sort of thing :p

My fav pics are of Brawn, Barrachello (spelling?) and Button as they came to sign autographs at the Brawn GP Merchandise stand.

CLICK HERE FOR ALL PHOTOS

DSC_0170.jpg
DSC_0169.jpg
DSC_0156.jpg
DSC_0158.jpg
DSC_0146.jpg
DSC_0119.jpg
DSC_0135.jpg
DSC_0133.jpg

How did you get to meet the drivers man?! At the turkish GP I didn't see them :(. Did you sit at the main grandstands or something?

No, the Brawn team went to there Merchandise Shop for a short interview and autograph section, i was stood at the rear were they came in and out so i managed to snap some good shots :)

Quite a few really nice photos in there! Shame that you didn't have a longer lens. But I love the photos of the planes.

However you haven't done any PP on them - is this because you don't know what to do, or haven't bothered trying?
Even so - I HDRed this one a little, and I think that with a bit of PP these shots are very very nice indeed.
fnzqyb.jpg

Original

FFS you can't "HDR" with one image, you can flatten the tonal curve in photoshop (lights darker, darks lighter) but that doesn't make it HDR FFFFFFFFS - and you didn't even do that, you made it more contrasty (darks darker, lights lighter - less range of non-clipped luminance possible, lower dynamic range). [/nerd raeg]

Now if you'll excuse me, the light up here is too bright. I'm just going to crawl back under my bridge.

FFS you can't "HDR" with one image, you can flatten the tonal curve in photoshop (lights darker, darks lighter) but that doesn't make it HDR FFFFFFFFS - and you didn't even do that, you made it more contrasty (darks darker, lights lighter - less range of non-clipped luminance possible, lower dynamic range). [/nerd raeg]

Now if you'll excuse me, the light up here is too bright. I'm just going to crawl back under my bridge.

But... but... HDR is a filter effect done in post! :D

I used an HDR program - not just PS. To me, I HDRed it. I may not have technically HDRed it, but you can enjoy your bridge.

Mainly, i couldn't be bothered to PP them all. :p But if i really cared about some of them i would sit there tweaking

Edit, actually, thats a lie. I did these too for the crack of it :

DSC_0133edit.jpg
DSC_0135edit.jpg

Last edited:
I used an HDR program - not just PS. To me, I HDRed it. I may not have technically HDRed it, but you can enjoy your bridge.

But its like saying i shot him in the face with a paintball gun but what you actually did is get our your pale and start mopping the floor with a skined rabbit. My cat is not a dog just because i say it is.