British holiday-maker refunded 750 Pounds for Hotel full of Germans

the Interceptor

I LUV MY PRIUS!!!
Car(s)
VW Diesel of Death
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article1231344.ece
Brit's holiday from Helmut

A DAD who took his family to a luxury holiday hotel only to find they were surrounded by Germans was awarded ?750 by a court yesterday. David Barnish, 47, forked out ?4,000 for the all-inclusive trip to the Greek island of Kos.

But on arrival at the 700-room Grecotel Park hotel with wife Karen and his three daughters, David grew suspicious as he noticed all the unoccupied sunbeds draped with towels ? and the sound of just one distinctive accent.
He said: ?We tried to join a windsurfing lesson and yoga classes but all the instructions were in German.

?My youngest daughter wanted to attend the kids? club but couldn?t understand what was going on. ?Even the TV was in German, except for one channel.?

The finance company boss, of Madeley, Staffs, claimed the Thomson break for Karen and daughters Molly, 12, Gemma, 19, and 21-year-old Kim was spoiled because the hotel did not cater for English people.

He said: ?We entrusted Thomson with our holiday, going for an upmarket Premier Beachclub hotel for its facilities, but we weren?t able to use many of them.?

Yesterday Thomson holidays was told to pay David ?750 at Stoke-on-Trent County Court for breach of contract.

Deputy District Judge Naish ruled that a customer going to a hotel featured in an English brochure ?doesn?t expect to have to press for activities to be accessible in their own language?.

He added: ?The brochure is significantly misleading.?

David, who represented himself, said afterwards: ?I?m not racist, as equally I wouldn?t like my family holiday at a hotel overrun by English.?

A Thomson spokesman commented: ?We are sorry that Mr Barnish did not feel the entertainment on his holiday was what he expected. However, we are pleased with the outcome.?
The Germans! :lol:

David, who represented himself, said afterwards: ?I?m not racist, as equally I wouldn?t like my family holiday at a hotel overrun by English.?

Racist?? :?

I'm with the guy on this. They advertised in English, but didn't speak a lick of it. Now if they only spoke Greek, that's one thing as you are in Greece, but to speak a 3rd language altogether is highly misleading and not delivering what was advertised.

Is it just me who immediately thought of this:

[youtube]1k7U-_tJVmw[/youtube]

But yes, I can see why the guy was bit pissed about his holiday.

^ Ich auch.

Ah Faulty Towers. So funny. :lol:

I agree with Viper on this one. Sounds like a classic case of false advertising and a really poor job by their travel company.

Should have been awarded more than 750-quid though...... little wonder Thomson were "pleased with the outcome."

"Don't mention the war! I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it!"

:lol: