Bruno would be a swell guest to have on Top Gear

I do wonder though what sort of humor people on here like...I've always been sort of an elitist in that respect, I enjoyed watching Bill Hicks, George Carlin, Dave Attell (Alltel), Daniel Tosh, Chris Rock, Robin Williams But I never got into acts of more mainstream people like Ellen, or Katt Williams, Cedric Entertainer, Dane Cook, or worst of all Carlos Mencia.

or Alabama showing its passion for freedom, but not for gays' freedom of course.

*ahem*

as someone from Alabama. i dont even have to watch those stupid videos to have to point out, comedy that inforces dated/inaccurate stereotypes isnt that funny. much like when the TG group were "attacked" while in my state, again trying to make humour out of a dated stereotype.. i didnt find funny at all.

if you like that stuff good for you, i choose not to watch it.

*ahem*

as someone from Alabama. i dont even have to watch those stupid videos to have to point out, comedy that inforces dated/inaccurate stereotypes isnt that funny. much like when the TG group were "attacked" while in my state, again trying to make humour out of a dated stereotype.. i didnt find funny at all.

if you like that stuff good for you, i choose not to watch it.

To quote Stephen Fry "there is nothing you can say about America whose opposite is not also just as true." I have to agree and I'm sick of people taking pot shots at Alabama. When you set out looking for the worst in people, you'll find it. It's an easy joke frankly, and it's old. The TG Alabama episode was the closest I've ever come to actually being offended by the show. They poked that fire for quite a long time before it got too hot.

The TG Alabama episode was the closest I've ever come to actually being offended by the show. They poked that fire for quite a long time before it got too hot.

Well of course it's the closest you'll get to being offended by the show! Hello! That's because it involved your immediate surroundings and its culture! You wouldn't get offended by Clarkson ripping on Gordon Brown, truck drivers in UK (change gear, kill prostitute), or how MB's navigation stops at Poland. They are jokes which have absolutely nothing to do with you.

It's like a white guy personally getting offended by a black guy joke.

You wouldn't get offended by Clarkson ripping on Gordon Brown, truck drivers in UK (change gear, kill prostitute).

well it also depends on the person. My dad has been a truck driver for over 10 years and he couldn't stop laughing at the joke.

yeah, and I'm from Poland and I love when they mention my country ;) like "world's best plumbers" :D

well it also depends on the person. My dad has been a truck driver for over 10 years and he couldn't stop laughing at the joke.

Exactly!!

It's best to take a lot of what Jezza says with a pinch of salt. You'll live longer.:p

But sometimes...if some people could take their head out of their arse for a few seconds...they may find that some of the stuff he says is actually funny...

Um, you guys are missing Roadster44's point. It's easy not to be offended when Jezza makes fun of you or your kind, but it's pretty impossible to be personally offended when he makes fun of someone else. For example, how can I, a woman in Texas who's never driven anything bigger than a Volvo station wagon, be offended by his comments about English lorry drivers murdering prostitutes? It has nothing to do with me. I'd have to be offended on someone else's behalf, and that seems like quite a lot of effort, really.

You can only really be personally offended by what he says when it has to do with you. And then, you should probably just get over it anyway. :)

Um, you guys are missing Roadster44's point. It's easy not to be offended when Jezza makes fun of you or your kind, but it's pretty impossible to be personally offended when he makes fun of someone else. For example, how can I, a woman in Texas who's never driven anything bigger than a Volvo station wagon, be offended by his comments about English lorry drivers murdering prostitutes? It has nothing to do with me. I'd have to be offended on someone else's behalf, and that seems like quite a lot of effort, really.

You can only really be personally offended by what he says when it has to do with you. And then, you should probably just get over it anyway. :)

To be honest....I have been more offended by the fact that he HASN'T insulted the Irish.:mad::p

I think he said something in one of the Dublin Live shows, but still.

cohen as himself would be brilliant, he's funnier than his characters. him as himslef was hilarious on letterman.
another guest i'd love to see is charlie brooker