Brutal SLR wreck in Quatar.

Jay

the fool on the hill
Details are sketchy, but this terrible accident occurred sometime early yesterday morning Qatar time. A 22-year old was reportedly driving, and from the size of the debris field, it's clear the car was going extremely fast when it occurred. The driver didn't make it, and there's no info on whether or not he was carrying a passenger. If more details become available, we'll let you know. For now, check out the rest of the pics after the jump.
https://pic.armedcats.net/j/ja/jayhawk/2008/07/19/2929040_418_full.jpg
Source.

Also, read the comment section. There are some, uh, deep thoughts posted.

Anyone else get that vomit taste in their mouth?

What a waste of automotive art and human life...

Wow... that's frightening. Good to see the passenger cell held up - but I guess there's only so much shaking about the human body can take.

It looks like it was on fire, as well. But that is true, after that thing tumbled 300 yards, I doubt anyone could survive that sort of shaking.

My quess is that it was some rich guy's son, taking his fathers car and going for a drive. Loses the car at 300+ kmh, and rolled a gazillion times, gradually grinding the to the miniscule pieces we see. Lulz Pwnt.

Holy crap that car is unrecognizable.

he driver didn't make it, and there's no info on whether or not he was carrying a passenger

It must have been terrible if they couldn't find out if he was carrying somebody.

My friend here (am in dubai until tomorrow) says that this sort of thing isn't uncommon. The locals (versus all of the hoards of expats) get licenses on the first try (because of government meddling) and they are fucking rich so they get fast cars as first cars. Then BAM! Huge accidents happen.

My quess is that it was some rich guy's son, taking his fathers car and going for a drive. Loses the car at 300+ kmh, and rolled a gazillion times, gradually grinding the to the miniscule pieces we see. Lulz Pwnt.
Even if you don't know the guy and don't give a fuck for him, the least bit you can do is have the decency and respect to not "laugh out loud" at his death.
Getting killed is not "getting owned", please.

Like Andrewticus, a waste of human life.

I wonder what kind of a road he was driving on... I mean, was it the most sensible option to go that fast in the first place? I can understand someone going for the 300km/h marker on an empty Autobahn, but the pics suggest this road might have been quite a lot smaller and not as high quality. :?

It's a shame I quess, but rich people, too, should know better. :|

Even if you don't know the guy and don't give a fuck for him, the least bit you can do is have the decency and respect to not "laugh out loud" at his death.
Getting killed is not "getting owned", please.

Like Andrewticus, a waste of human life.

Oh for crying out loud..

Damn, that is one hell of a wreck! Musta been going really fricken fast. That's crazy that they can't tell whether or not there was a passenger :blink: Well at least the poor dude didn't suffer, cause it looked like it was over quick.

reminds me of that M5 wreck in FL a few months ago....sad, at least this car can only carry 2, where the M5 carried 5.

Talk about making an entrance into the afterlife. That, and what a testament to Mercedes chassis engineering. That car must have really been moving to do that kind of damage, and the passenger cell is intact.

That may have been a high-speed crash, but I refuse to make judgement unless there is a conclusion as to how that happened.

My friend here (am in dubai until tomorrow) says that this sort of thing isn't uncommon. The locals (versus all of the hoards of expats) get licenses on the first try (because of government meddling) and they are fucking rich so they get fast cars as first cars. Then BAM! Huge accidents happen.

Yeah but youth and speed doesn't have to be lethal at all. In high school i knew a kid with a 12 seconds sleeper BMW who never crashed, never got a ticket, but despite that drove like a crazy mofo all the time. So did all of his friends actually, and you know what? None of them have died or even crashed.

The issue isn't speed in itself but knowing your own limits and not letting your ego get the best of you.

I find the attitude of people like you down right irritating. I guess when Senna died in '94 he was just "lulz pwnt"? :mad:

For once I actually agree with Posmo, although 'lulz pwnt' is probably going a bit far.

And to thedguy, thinking about it, Senna actually managed something during his life, and indeed in death, to ultimately protect others. Sure this guy won't be forgotten by his family, but its just another news story for everyone else.

For once I actually agree with Posmo, although 'lulz pwnt' is probably going a bit far.

And to thedguy, thinking about it, Senna actually managed something during his life, and indeed in death, to ultimately protect others. Sure this guy won't be forgotten by his family, but its just another news story for everyone else.

whats your point?

That I sort of agree with Posmo, and with Jacobfox. These people just waste themselves away because they are rich, without thinking 'hang on, what happens if I end up like that guy on the news?'.

In fact, look at the picture at the top and at the guy in all white. He is taking a picture on his phone. Do these people have any common sense at all?