Ownership Verified: Brutal three cylinder acceleration - Škoda Fabia Combi 1,0L

Thanatos

Haven't seen any Škoda Fabia's on this forums so here's mine.

Meet Škoda Fabia Combi, mk 3, pre facelift, 2017, with a 3 cylinder Turbo 1,0L and 26k+ km.

7TWQW86.jpg

tbFtjBy.jpg

oPzvs9w.jpg

Fabia ticks all the boxes I wanted and needed, a small turbo petrol engine, big boot (astronomy gear and recreational cyclists), low cost of maintenance and running cost. I would probably get better gas miliage with a diesel, but didn't felt like going that route.

I was actully looking more at Renault Clio grandtour (mk4), but the all of them around Slovenia are EU imported and with a sketchy service history. This one was used as a company car, by the dealership itself.

So the goal is runing this car longterm and saving up enough money for an "enthusiast car", buy that one alongside Fabia and see what can my paycheck/practicality/daily usage works out.

Equipment is basic, even more then I would have thought, no BT and no rear reverse sensor. Wheels and tyres are 14 inch 175/70's, quite comfortable over gravel but will probably go for 185/60 R15 at least, next spring when the old summer tyres run their course.

The car is still new to me, so I'll write more in the comming weeks.

big boot (astronomy gear and recreational cyclists)
We have a serial killer in our midst! :p

Someone from the Balkans having a Škoda, how surprising. @47 will keel over. :D

Seriously, nice choice for a purely practical ride. You can even drift those (a little bit)!
The lack of Bluetooth is what would annoy me most...

Nice! I think we only have one other Skoda driver... Unsure if there's a thread about it though. @47

I like the way these look now, unlike the old cake Fabia. I wonder how your 3 cylinder turbo would compare to the Smart, considering the weight difference. :p

Yeah, I like the way they look too, I think they've tried to copy octavia estate proportions. All other supermini estates look old or are just plain ugly, like the mk2 fabia or mk3 clio grandtour. Ibiza mk 4 looks ok too, but are rare with a turbo petrol engine around here.

I'm not a Škoda fan, I do have some nostalgia for their old FWD rally cars from the mid to late 90's, but thats it. This was just the logical choice, after I settled for a turbo petrol in a small estate.

Last edited:
Basic, practical, economical and does what it says on the packaging.

I approve.

Actually we have another, I just never got around to making a thread.

So after 3 months the car is still running fine.
My average fuel consumption is around 6,3L/100km (37 mpg us, 44mpg uk), most of it is city driving. On B-roads, it can drop below 5 liters (90kph 5th gear), while on the highway is in the mid to high 5's, becuse the car doesnt have a sixth gear (130kph).

My biggest problem with the car is the shitty arm rest, which is bolted on the center dash and not on to the seat. That means, if you're above 180cm, you're going to have problems with constatly rubbing and touching it with the back of the arm, in whichever position it is.
Speakers are crap. If you suggest anything with a bass, they start buzzing.
Also the dealer did a poor job patching some scratches on the rear bumper. Over january the compoud fell down, exposing the plastic. Will patch that up, when It gets warmer.