BTCC final race talk....

Queen of Meh

Not A Dude
Just as a note this is the second full season of Touring cars that I've seen so I'm not fully aware of old scores to settle and such.

Props to Jason Plato for racing he must have been in quite a bit of pain.

But the main thing I want to get people's opinion on is Matt Neal as the fourth Vauxhall driver. I kinda lost a bit of respect for him for that because in the second race when he was chasing Plato in the interview afterwards he said that even though he didn't have shot at the title that he was still racing for Halfords. But then he lets Giop and Chilton through in the final race but didn't offer Plato the same favour. It's just... I don't know unsporting esp when he 'claimed' he was still going to race hard for Halfords and then gives up two places to Vauxhall.

And there maybe past scores to settle and such but I don't know what do others think?

Letting drivers through is just as unsporting as trying to ram everyone else off the road to get through the field, which is what Plato was doing.

Plato has also been doing that all season, so he had it coming to him really.

Thank christ Gio won, he's a good driver, and he's not Plato.

BTCC is a pretty dire series though.

I lost all kinds of respect for Matt Neal. Although I didn't like Plato ramming cars in front of him.

I didn't mind the retaliation from Matt Neal but what got me was him letting the Vauxhall drivers past. You are still racing for Halfords so you shouldn't be allowing Vauxhall drivers through and then race the championship contender.

Whatever, it is racing. It was a very good series though.

I was there! Managed to meet one of my driving heroes, Alain Menu, so it was pretty awesome.
Matt obviously hates Plato. He's going to VXR next year and made this perfectly obvious.
I hope more works teams go to BTCC. BMW and/or Alfa I hope. Chevrolet should enter, and having another GM team doesn't seem to matter to them as there is a works Chevy and Opel team in Swedish tourers.

sob*

plato lost... what a shame. im gonna stop watching BTCC and cry myself to sleep tonight :(

I lost all kinds of respect for Matt Neal. Although I didn't like Plato ramming cars in front of him.

I didn't mind the retaliation from Matt Neal but what got me was him letting the Vauxhall drivers past. You are still racing for Halfords so you shouldn't be allowing Vauxhall drivers through and then race the championship contender.

Whatever, it is racing. It was a very good series though.

I agree, I'm not a fan of Plato either and disagree with what he did, but at teh end of the second race Matt Neal said he was still racing for Halfords and yet he allows to lose too places to Vauxhall, and yes I know he's going there next series and that's why he did it, but still he was with his own team and as much as he and Plato don't get on when you're in a race you should race, everybody

and yeah was a good series.

tin top tuesday is live on 0157 now

http://www.btcc.net/html/generalnews_detail.php?id=782&PHPSESSID=a288b953b688e4517e02cbdb91d65591

I don't agree with what Plato says about Matt Neal not driving with passion and such, because Matt Neal does fight for every place which is why I was surprised when he let Gio and Tom go past. But if what he says is true then well it's not so bad. But if he did have a problem with his car why didn't he come into the pitt???

I don't know I guess now we may not know for sure but I will still be supporting Matt Neal, even though he will be with Vauxhall next year.

Looks like next season is going to be interesting