Bugatti Hermes Veyron - Geneva '08

CrzRsn

So long, and thanks for all the fish
Car(s)
13 Ford Mustang GT, 17 Ford Fiesta ST
A new Uber-awesome Bugatti is coming our way.

So far, the only picture of it shows two new vents on either side of the front grille.

We can confirm that the Hermes Veyron does indeed exist, and, in fact, we are the first motoring journalists to see the car in the metal?and carbon fibre.

Teaming up with Hermes is a logical step for Bugatti, as the two companies have a long association. Hermes supplied leather for Ettore Bugatti?s cars early last century.

Although we?ve had a good look at it inside and out, we can?t reveal much detail about the car, as it is embargoed until the Geneva show. What we can tell you is that interior and exterior touches have been added to separate this from the everyday Veyron (not that there is such a thing?).

This, the only picture of the car, was taken today, however, we were told not to take the covers off for the camera. But trust us, it?s as special as it is exclusive.

http://www.caradvice.com.au/10639/bugattis-hermes-veyron/

http://img178.imageshack.**/img178/9669/img96831024x768sz5.jpg

Only 9 more days until Geneva starts.

I'd really like to know how on earth is it possible to improve the "dull" Veyron. :?

Teaming up with Hermes is a logical step for Bugatti

Uh, are you sure about that?

https://pic.armedcats.net/2008/02/26/brain.JPG

:p I can't wait to see this car. I have a hard time imagining how they could make the car any better.

Would Louis Vuitton be any better in your eyes? The designer had to be french afterall. :D

Maybe it'll be an interior only treatment, *hopes not*

^ Hermes shit looks really nice, so this will probably add to the luxuries of the Veyron. Not sure about the performance. I'm quite excited to see what it is.

im guessing no performance change.... perhaps they may of tweaked power delivery or something but i reckon there wont be a increase on the 1000 ponies even though the engine is good for more.

Stripped out Veyron. No carpets, no gizmos, no aircon, 1100bhp & a special edition Bugatti Tombstone.

I don't have the Veyron's shape in memory, but are those front wheel arches flared up quite a bit more than normal? Or is that the same as the 'normal' Veyron?

I don't have the Veyron's shape in memory, but are those front wheel arches flared up quite a bit more than normal? Or is that the same as the 'normal' Veyron?

Thats what I thought too. I tried to find a normal Veyron shot taken at the same angle and overlay it in photoshop, and it seemed like the Hermes Veyron's fenders are a lot taller.

Hmmmm. Taller front fenders, more vents in front. Could it possibly have a second engine up front? ;)

Second engine :D

This should be interesting, i'm assuming might just be a facelift and interior. as somoene mentioned hard to think they improved the engine much unless somehow they developed a way to meld two V10s to create a W20, which would be absolutely insane but also impossible. considering the original Veyron's tyres couldnt take that much speed.

defo looking forward to this though!

Na it's normal, the arches are about the same level as the bottom of the side mirrors.

http://img518.imageshack.**/img518/5392/bugattiveyron017ldb2.jpg

Just how exactly do you improve on perfection?

I sincerly hope they did more than just change the interior a bit...

It might just be like the Pegaso... which means they did nothing.

The Pegaso had a slight horsepower boost. I thought it produced 1200ish ponies.

Pegaso has no extra horsepower. As for the rumour of extra power apparently all Veyron's produce at least 1050hp I think but its quoted as 987hp as thats all they were aiming for. That coupled with the fact there is a 5% variance in the motors means that 1. all cars have the claimed 1000hp and 2. some motors could have 1100+hp.

Bugatti has the worst record for naming their recent cars. Come on...Pegaso? Pur-Sang? Hermes? As cool as the car was, you can't give high-end stuff the names of Thai hookers.