Bugatti Killer by Porsche?

Byte said:
OMFG!!! :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: Where do I sign??

just remember it will probably be like the majority of other porsche products - it has to be a profitable car within itself, so the buyers pay the true cost vs say, having profits from the cayenne subsidize the super car (hence the reason the C-GT was so expensive, and unlike many other super cars, profitable)

lol this whole article is bullshit, porsche wont go anywhere near that topspeed. Thats not what theyre about.

And that picture is the gembella CGT fotoshop

lol this whole article is bullshit, porsche wont go anywhere near that topspeed. Thats not what theyre about.

i heard about this and i dont think it'll happen. Porsche isnt one to go all over-the-top as youngwarrior mentioned. Its just wishful thinking

Engaging in a pissing contest with a crosstown rival that they're secretly sleeping with (Porsche keeps wanting more of VW's shares) isn't something Porsche would do, or has done, or should do. They're above that.

Remember: once Porsche did have the world's fastest car. It was called the 959. Were they purposely trying to achieve that goal? No, it was just a pleasant side effect of developing Porsche's first AWD system to give this Group B racing thing a shot, and it turned out to be the most amazing AWD system of the time as well. Such precision German engineering shouldn't be squandered on achieving 2 more whopping miles above that whale of a Veyron.

Though they're probably not going to listen to me anyway. So good luck to them, and they couldn't build a crappy car even if they tried. :thumbsup:

BlaRo said:
and they couldn't build a crappy car even if they tried. :thumbsup:

FATMOUSE said:
Well, they built the cayenne...oh, nevermind.

I would not say it is crap, but after a fucking SUV, they can build anything, even a hybrid...ok, now I've gone too far! [flame suit ON]

Beauty! :eek:

sandor_ said:
Byte said:

just remember it will probably be like the majority of other porsche products - it has to be a profitable car within itself, so the buyers pay the true cost vs say, having profits from the cayenne subsidize the super car (hence the reason the C-GT was so expensive, and unlike many other super cars, profitable)

I don't have anything against this policy! It's what makes Porsche such an enormous success! But they'll have to make a new supercar anyways now that they've stopped making C-GTs...

they are more likely to make this...but they wont.

Porsche plans a hot hatch based on Audi A3/Golf V technic.
3.6 VR6 FSI engine 4wd 300+ hp.

porsche_coupster.jpg

Byte said:
sandor_ said:
Byte said:

I don't have anything against this policy! It's what makes Porsche such an enormous success! But they'll have to make a new supercar anyways now that they've stopped making C-GTs...

i have no problem, it is the policies like this that have made Porsche one of the most profitable car companies, and have allowed them to remain staunchly independent (and able to buy 25% of VW to prevent a hostile takeover)

it is just that this policy also puts their super cars even farther out of my price range :D

^-- Yeap, that's of course an argument. But hey...if they didn't...we wouldn't have goals anymore ;)