Bugatti Veyron dominates 0 - 100mph - 0 contest

Bugatti FTW! :mrgreen: :thumbsup:

BlaRo said:
TheCleaner said:
Xeon SX said:
2.8 to 60? not 2.5 to 62 as they claim... :eek:

as you can see its quoted to having 987bhp as opposed to the 1001 which might explain is slighty slower (laughable to use the word slow at all) 0-60
They've already clarified this. The 1001 figure comes from the European scale, which is slightly different than the American scale of 987hp. But VW says the engine is producing somewhere between 1001 and 1051hp (European scale), so 1000hp is accurate in both cases.

FFS!! Why don't they just make a Universal measure of car power. It would make it so much easier for a community such as ours :p

Blythy said:
someone can't add, 5.5 + 3.4 = 8.9s

I don't know about Autocar, but Road & Track calls this extra time "transition time", that is, the time it took to stop acellerating and start stoping.
8.9seconds would be the theoretical time, the actual time is longer.

Redliner said:
Blythy said:

I don't know about Autocar, but Road & Track calls this extra time "transition time", that is, the time it took to stop acellerating and start stoping.
8.9seconds would be the theoretical time, the actual time is longer.
1 second reaction time is a bit excessive though. Don't why they need to include a transition, it's not like that is differnet for each car.

Horny_Load said:
987bhp 16-cylinder engine thought it was 1001 :roll:
a few posts earlier:
BlaRo said:
The 1001 figure comes from the European scale, which is slightly different than the American scale of 987hp. But VW says the engine is producing somewhere between 1001 and 1051hp (European scale), so 1000hp is accurate in both cases.

Blythy said:

I saw last years test that autocar did and they included the drivers reaction time in the final time so maybe this is without that

wow, crazy to think a big 2 seater with all creature comforts is quicker than a carbon tube with 2 gsx-r suzuki engines and a few /wheels seats.. (Tiger Z100)

it really is an amazing achievement to be THAT fast, and to allow people get to them speeds in such a comfortable way

eddysdaman said:
BlaRo said:
TheCleaner said:
Xeon SX said:
2.8 to 60? not 2.5 to 62 as they claim... :eek:

as you can see its quoted to having 987bhp as opposed to the 1001 which might explain is slighty slower (laughable to use the word slow at all) 0-60
They've already clarified this. The 1001 figure comes from the European scale, which is slightly different than the American scale of 987hp. But VW says the engine is producing somewhere between 1001 and 1051hp (European scale), so 1000hp is accurate in both cases.

FFS!! Why don't they just make a Universal measure of car power. It would make it so much easier for a community such as ours :p

There is, its kW and has been used for ages, but most people still use PS or hp in your case. In car development and scientific use these units dont even exist anymore.

ishigakisensei said:
That is one amazing Audi!
Actually it's a VW engine. Two 4.0L W8

wahaha said:
ishigakisensei said:
That is one amazing Audi!
Actually it's a VW engine. Two 4.0L W8
its a completely different engine built from scratch, but thats the basic design

It was very hard to catch the veyron with my digital camera this year at goodwood FOS. It is just 'soooo' quick and swift (it doesn't make much of a noise). After seeing it in person you can appreciate just how damn quick it really is and it wouldn't surprise me if it can indeed beat the ultima GTR !

if an a1 gp car does it in 8.4 s, I wonder how fast would an F1 car be, considering that it weighs less, has more horsepower and better brakes.

I think F1's can or could do it in 5.0 sec. That was a few years ago and with no launch control etc and smaller engines I would expect it to be 6-6.5 nowadays.