Bugatti Veyron dominates 0 - 100mph - 0 contest

^8 V-rods bolted together

a V-twin would have a crank for each cylinder, while in a V-rod (and in the veyron as well) on each crank, there are 2 pistons attached

reading these last posts again, i'm a little lost

WHAT AUDI???? what are we talking about? :|

Bugatti is part of the VAG group which owns Audi so thats where Audi comes from I assume.

no no no, Bugatti's queer because it loves to show off it's lovely tail to others :lol:

bone said:
WHAT AUDI???? what are we talking about?

Audi Quattro LeMans:

audi_quattro_lemans_2_big.jpg

le_mans_quattro_07.jpg

Bugatti Veyron:
IMG_7926.jpg

05-veyron-close-s-a.jpg

Audi owns Bugatti and needed a supercar worthy of the marque's historuc name. The Quattro LeMans fit that bill and was rebadged the Veyron.

ishigakisensei said:
Audi owns Bugatti and needed a supercar worthy of the marque's historuc name. The Quattro LeMans fit that bill and was rebadged the Veyron.
Can you back that info up?

Then they should have kept it an Audi, since it looks better and the brand name is more recognizable. But then, the marketing people there are idiots, and Audi has recently admitted they've been VWs lapdog for too long. And VW owns, and controls what Audi says and does.

They could have done a much better job on the instrument cluster. That blue DIS VW screen is pathetic, compared to the large COLOR high-res ones Audi has.

lol Ishigakisensei is way off. ignore what he said.
the Audi LeMans concept is going into production as the Audi R8, its got NO connection to the Bugatti.

4 inline-4's in a crazy array
two Hudson inline 8's chopped and reassembled

bartboy9891 said:
the Audi LeMans concept is going into production as the Audi R8, its got NO connection to the Bugatti.
That's exactly what i was thinking, that's why I asked. ;)

bartboy9891 said:

The photos and history of both cars prove otherwise. Deny it all you like but the facts are there. AUDI bought the Bugatti marque and needed a car to carry the name. The Quattro Le Mans was a great base to start with (twin-turbo AWD V10)and saying there is no connection is just blind & wishful thinking on your part.

VW=SKODA=SEAT=AUDI=BUGATTI=LAMBORGHINI. Parts sharing exists between the brands and will continue to be.

ishigakisensei said:
bartboy9891 said:

The photos and history of both cars prove otherwise. Deny it all you like but the facts are there. AUDI bought the Bugatti marque and needed a car to carry the name. The Quattro Le Mans was a great base to start with (twin-turbo AWD V10)and saying there is no connection is just blind & wishful thinking on your part.

VW=SKODA=SEAT=AUDI=BUGATTI=LAMBORGHINI. Parts sharing exists between the brands and will continue to be.
umm, you know that the Audi R8 will be in production soon right? It shares parts with the Lambo Gallardo. it really doesnt have anything to do with the Veyron.

bartboy9891 said:
umm, you know that the Audi R8 will be in production soon right? It shares parts with the Lambo Gallardo. it really doesnt have anything to do with the Veyron.
Apart from that they both look supercar-ish and have AWD, I don't see a connection either. And those criteria are met by other cars as well, so it's not really enough to make a valid connection between them.

Don't get me wrong, ishigakisensei, I don't want to pi** you off or call you a liar, I'd just like to see some backup information on your claim.

Regards
the Interceptor

ishigakisensei said:
bartboy9891 said:

The pictures prove that they are both mid-engined sports cars. The "history" proves that you are completely wrong. The Veyron project began wayyyy before Audi started the Le Mans, also the Le Mans was only a one-off before they made it into the R8 which shares some parts with the Gallardo and will go into production this year.
Bugatti is not owned by Audi, it is part of the VW branch inside VAG. Audi is Audi, Seat, Lamborghini, VW is VW, Skoda, Bentley, Bugatti.

Also the car shares not a single component with the Veyron, which is an extremely expensive, all specially manufactured super-hyper-supercar. The price for making Veyron parts is way to high for a mass-produced car. Also the drivetrain is in no way similar. Could you at least say where you got that "information" from or did you make up all that by yourself?

Eh, I'm not going to argue & I don't see why people are getting pissy about the fact of Audi's control and influence.

Believe as you wish but the similarities are there and undeniable. I never said that the Veyron was directly based on the Quattro or that they are the exact same car. However, the development cannot be denied and to think that a car company as large as Audi-VW have engineers and developers never talking to each other is ridiculous. I guess the Audi A3 has 0% in common with the Golf. Hell, I bet you people even think that the original Pontiac Firebird had nothing to do with the Chevrolet Camaro because they are different brands using different engines. :roll:

I never claimed inside knowledge. I simply noticed the obvious. The Le Mans is an amazing car that the Veyron people took to a whole new level. If you want to believe that a company called "Bugatti" exists in reality, let me also mention that Lexus, Acura, and Infiniti are also totally independent companies who develop cars completely on their own. :roll:

ishigakisensei said:
I never said that the Veyron was directly based on the Quattro or that they are the exact same car.
If I may quote what you wrote earlier:
ishigakisensei said:
The Quattro LeMans fit that bill and was rebadged the Veyron.
Apart from that, it's not us getting pi**y, but you, making a claim you state as being totally obvious, and that we'd be stupid to believe that it's not like that. We all know about VAG and where the Bugatti comes from, but that does not technically connect it to the R8 in any way. If you check the history of those cars (try Wikipedia), you'll notice that they actually don't have much in common, apart from being really fast maybe.

Regards
the Interceptor

the Interceptor said:
If I may quote what you wrote earlier:
[ishigakisensei]The Quattro LeMans fit that bill and was rebadged the Veyron.

:oops:

Then I misspoke and I am 100% wrong about that. What I was thinking is not what I typed thereby making myself look completely foolish. They are not the exact same car despite my smartass comment that they were. The Veyron is still an Audi though. It will take a long time, if ever, for there to be a real Bugatti.

ishigakisensei said:
The Veyron is still an Audi though. It will take a long time, if ever, for there to be a real Bugatti.
I think we can agree on saying that the Veyron is a VAG. I wouldn't call it an Audi, cause it doesn't take more or less parts or ideas from Audis than from any other VAG car. Take the Passat W8 for example. Roughly generalised, it has pretty much the same engine as the Veyron, it's just half as long. It's a 4 litre W8, compared to the Veyrons 8 litre W16. I know it's not really comparable, but that said, you could as well claim that the Veyron is a Volkswagen, cause it shares the engine technology with one of their cars.

In conclusion, the Veyron was developed by VAG and surely carries some ideas of their brands, but I wouldn't call it an Audi.

Regards
the Interceptor